Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done tons of research, and i hear more good than bad on this subject.
I also read that ppl are usually going with roush rear springs since they can be sold separately.

Im considering this because my front is wayyyyy too low because of my body kit.

Thanks for any input or advice.

I will also be installing
Lca
Lca brackets
Panhard bar
Upper pan hardbar
Gt500mounts
20inch rims

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I wouldnt do that on my car, it will make the rear sit lower than the front. I would do all four or just leave it stock.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've seen some people selling roush rear springs in the Dallas area but have never actual seen a car with only the rear lowered. I think there only an inch lower. May work however I would recommend lowering all four corners as well.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a site that says that our cars should be lowered 1/2 on the back, without touching the front, they sell the springs too, so im guessing 1 inch is not the ideal balance drop

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,680 Posts
There is a site that says that our cars should be lowered 1/2 on the back, without touching the front, they sell the springs too, so im guessing 1 inch is not the ideal balance drop
Do you believe everything you read on the interweb? Just get some adjustables and call it a day. I know mine has a slight rake with K springs but it's not a issue for me and I'm one of the most anal people you will ever meet.

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,055 Posts
the back is definitely higher than the front stock. I did Brembo 50's 55D spring kit for the rear only, just to level it. Big improvement in looks and no downsides.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oozy, first of all you have a beautiful car. At the end of the day, it's your car and you'll be the one to make the choice. IMHO, I wouldn't do that to such a beauty. Unless you have, or plan on going with some high end dampers, I would go with matched springs and dampers all the way around. There are several that lower the car an estimated 1" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. I don't think that's too much.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
DDTCM said:
Do you believe everything you read on the interweb? Just get some adjustables and call it a day. I know mine has a slight rake with K springs but it's not a issue for me and I'm one of the most anal people you will ever meet.
They can't put anything on the interweb that's not true, bonjour.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the back is definitely higher than the front stock. I did Brembo 50's 55D spring kit for the rear only, just to level it. Big improvement in looks and no downsides.
Yup thats the one im talking about, i wonder if it works for base gt

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i am mainly interested because my front is already 4inches off the ground, i did the 3d carbon front lip, but i didnt want that big rear gap

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,055 Posts
The spring rates are different but, the levelling part would probably help some, as the ride heights of BBP and the regular are the same, as far as it looks to me. The BBP wheels just fill the holes a little better.

I think it'd be fine. it's not a gargantuan change out back.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oozy, first of all you have a beautiful car. At the end of the day, it's your car and you'll be the one to make the choice. IMHO, I wouldn't do that to such a beauty. Unless you have, or plan on going with some high end dampers, I would go with matched springs and dampers all the way around. There are several that lower the car an estimated 1" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. I don't think that's too much.
Thanks, i guess ill decide when my splitter and wheels get here

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Thanks, i guess ill decide when my splitter and wheels get here
Honestly i thought i could pull it off with all the other suspension mods, but i think this is something that worked more for 05 thru 09 stangs

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now let me ask this, their are many many kits that drop the rear more than the front, like h&r, are they a bad choice? Or are they specifically made ford their certain drop, i mean its a whole inch lower on the back....

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,680 Posts
They can't put anything on the interweb that's not true, bonjour.
LMAO! One of my favorite commericals!

Well i am mainly interested because my front is already 4inches off the ground, i did the 3d carbon front lip, but i didnt want that big rear gap
How is the wheel gap up front with the addition of the body kit only,Still stock height? Any pics? If you are good with the ride height and just want to level out the rear then I would say you are headed in the right direction with just rear springs.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LMAO! One of my favorite commericals!

How is the wheel gap up front with the addition of the body kit only,Still stock height? Any pics? If you are good with the ride height and just want to level out the rear then I would say you are headed in the right direction with just rear springs.
Okay the front is about 5 inches from the floor, and the entrance to the park by my house is the pic that the kit is basically rubbing

Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Tire

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Tire

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Okay the front is about 5 inches from the floor, and the entrance to the park by my house is the pic that the kit is basically rubbing
Ouch that sucks, thAt lip is gonna is gonna be a problem if u lower... If it were me I would get rid of it, it's better than the god awful wheel gap... But that's me, your lip is really nice tho, but there's always a give in take to modding :-/

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ouch that sucks, thAt lip is gonna is gonna be a problem if u lower... If it were me I would get rid of it, it's better than the god awful wheel gap... But that's me, your lip is really nice tho, but there's always a give in take to modding :-/
Thats why i started this thread! Lol, i love my lip, and i could live with out dropping the front, but is the back going to creat any problems if i drop one inch?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts