Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a few questions for you guys

whats the weight difference in the rear of the 94-98 and 99+'s? are the 99+'s heavier in general?

are the springs in the ass end any different between the 94-98's and 99+'s?

basically, im looking for a stock GT spring that wont cause the ass end of my car to sag too badly, i have more weight in the rear than you guys do, so im trying to find the "best" spring for my application, the stock stang springs should lower my car about 2 inches all around if one end doesnt sag

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tbird232ci said:
got a few questions for you guys

whats the weight difference in the rear of the 94-98 and 99+'s? are the 99+'s heavier in general?

are the springs in the ass end any different between the 94-98's and 99+'s?

basically, im looking for a stock GT spring that wont cause the ass end of my car to sag too badly, i have more weight in the rear than you guys do, so im trying to find the "best" spring for my application, the stock stang springs should lower my car about 2 inches all around if one end doesnt sag
They should be close between the same years. Anyway as far as stiff springs are concerned normally drop springs are rated at 500 to 600 in/lb If your rear sags alot look for somthing like 600 to 700 in/lbs which would be almost a race car type setup stifness wise and would hardley move up and down.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, the problem is, i cant use drop springs, stock mustang springs will lower my car about 2 inchs, bullitt springs make the front tires almost rub

that car has just stock bullitt springs, you can see the rear is tucked just a we bit more than the fronts, im trying to avoid that

i might end up trying to find some of those heavy duty cargo springs if the rear sags that bad

·
Registered
941 Posts
there are differences between the years but i don't know by how much. ithink the 8cyl rears would be a good idea. when i can find some on the cheap they're going on the rear of the stang, so i can't say that i've compared them.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tbird232ci said:
i picked up a set on ebay for 15.50, look for auctions with no pictures, those usually go cheap

ill keep an eye out for you
thank you. i am sure i cna find some for free or 5-10 bucks if i wait. the 6 banger rears are too soft for drag, but i sold my c springs so i had to put something in there for the mean time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts