Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About four months ago I had both front lower control arms replaced at my dealer. The other morning I was driving down my road (Rhode Island roads that rival downtown detroit in terms of quality) when I noticed a squeking coming from the rear of the car. I haven't gotten a chance to get down to my dealer yet but has anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
About four months ago I had both front lower control arms replaced at my dealer. The other morning I was driving down my road (Rhode Island roads that rival downtown detroit in terms of quality) when I noticed a squeking coming from the rear of the car. I haven't gotten a chance to get down to my dealer yet but has anyone else had a similar problem?
Idk about squeaking but I had a weird rattling noise in my rear and it was my AB I had to get a extra mount welded to the muffler and car itself so now my mufflers don't and can't move anymore! Check ur mufflers u never know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have recently experienced squeaking sounds at the rear of my 2012 V6 (only over bumps). I figured it was possible that the sound was always there but I never heard it much since I tend to blast my music in the car often! One day I was driving with the stereo off and I heard the squeaking. It isn't driving me crazy nor does it 'sound' like a big problem for now. I will look into it if it gets any worse.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Have you installed a exhaust? I did, new Pypes bomb and it was already cold out here in Germany, and the next day, squeaking. I had to drop my sway bar to install the axle back and just didn't tighten it up enough. Couldn't find the exact torque on the bolts. Just had to trouble shoot. A lot of trouble and some WD-40 and the problem was gone. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'll bet you anything its the sway bar bushings, mine does it too. To pin point it get silicone spray and spray the bushings till he noise goes away. My squeaky one are the two inner bushings, this is also the source of my clunk from the back end, its like the bushinghs shrunk and now they bang around in the bracket, must be the winters in alaska that messed them up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have installed an axleback in the past and I have ensured that everything is tightened up with that but I do get that clunking from the rear end as well as the squeak.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Yeah I have installed an axleback in the past and I have ensured that everything is tightened up with that but I do get that clunking from the rear end as well as the squeak.
Clunking may be the Axleback. You can check by just kicking it literally not hard just enough to see if it vibrates and makes a weird noise

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So an update with the suspension noise. It was both rear lower control arms, and connecting rod. That makes five suspension components which have been replaced as well as two interior rattles. The worst part is there is still is still a type of hollow knocking noise coming from the rear end. The vehicle has turned into a nightmare...

·
Registered
569 Posts
So an update with the suspension noise. It was both rear lower control arms, and connecting rod. That makes five suspension components which have been replaced as well as two interior rattles. The worst part is there is still is still a type of hollow knocking noise coming from the rear end. The vehicle has turned into a nightmare...
That sucks man. I have two interior rattles that the warranty will cover. I did my sway bars and exhaust rattle myself.

My opinion to you is triple check everything for the possibility of the source. That's what I did for my exhaust and sway bar rattle. I put it on a lift and spent three to four hours under it before I figured out it was a very simple fix. Good luck to you in the future, bro. Hope it all works out well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts