Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
i got mine replaced today. I guess that's what the issue was- the old mirror assembly might have been broken/loose/faulty, somehow. Now it's perfect - no rattle. Do check in with your local dealer.

The door lock grommets still vibrate, btw and the dealer has no idea what to do.
super glue on the lock grommets

like bryl cream, a little dab will do you

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know this is an old thread but thought I would post my thanks. I would have sworn my buzzy rattle was in the mirror housing. It would only stop if I gripped the mirror body. It wouldn’t stop if I tried pushing on the mount. But for $2.65 I figured it would be worth a try. Son of a gun, it worked. No more noise. Thank-you!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I tired the o-ring idea and that did not work for my rattle. I was still under the warranty so my dealer replaced the mirror and the rattle is gone. In my case the rattle seemed to be inside the mirror housing. Funny story, the new mirror was upside down which made for some puzzling compass readings....

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my rear view mirror has had a rattle for a while now. After my last rattle taking multiple trips to the dealer to get fixed I decided I could tackle this one myself. It wasn't just over bumps and gravel roads, even a smooth stretch with the tiniest imperfections would cause a high pitched rattle that I could hear over the exhaust, and after adding a 10" subwoofer to the trunk it only got worse. After lots of searching I decided on a course of action. The rattle comes from the mirror mount not being perfectly snug on the windshield, not the mirror housing itself. A YouTube video showed someone putting an elastic band up against the glass to keep it quiet. It seemed simple but I wanted something that you won't see. I went to the hardware store in search of an o-ring and found the perfect size. Just cut it and work the ring around the mount. Silence! The mirror still shakes when the bass hits, but it doesn't rattle and you can't see anything out of the ordinary. $2 fix and my stereo sounds so much better! View attachment 180061 View attachment 180062 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how did you take the mirror off?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts