Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the rear window louver, I'm looking for one on my 13 mustang, but I've heard they shake and rattle, anyone have them on your stang that has good/bad things to say about them?

Thanks nick!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Don't have some personally but want a pair! If you get the ones from AM they are a rubber plastic material and most people that have had them say that these don't rattle because of the material. But they are freaking sweet tho!

·
Abominable Mustang
1,848 Posts
AM sells both the ABS plastic and the aluminum rear louvers. I, personally, would get the aluminum set. I had the plastic ones on my old 05 and my buddy has the aluminum set. When parked next to each other, the plastic louvers looked cheap compared to the aluminum louvers. I didn't have any rattling with my plastic set and my buddy says that he doesn't hear any with his until about 75-80 mph.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
MRT aluminum louvers are the best looking IMO and they tweaked the newer model to have less/no rattle. I had the old set and it would only rattle when I broke a clip, which usually only happened in winter. The powdercoat looked like new too when I sold that car.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
MRT aluminum louvers are the best looking IMO and they tweaked the newer model to have less/no rattle. I had the old set and it would only rattle when I broke a clip, which usually only happened in winter. The powdercoat looked like new too when I sold that car.
+1...I have them on, had them painted to match the color code of UA Black. I've had them on for over a year and haven't had any issues, no rattle, no nothing.

Before they were painted.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
+1...I have them on, had them painted to match the color code of UA Black. I've had them on for over a year and haven't had any issues, no rattle, no nothing.

Before they were painted.
Off topic but how has the blackout panel held up? Any fade? Do you treat with anything (armor all)?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Off topic but how has the blackout panel held up? Any fade? Do you treat with anything (armor all)?
So far so good, I don't put anything on it. It already looks faded, it is a very flat matte black. The Pony is garage kept so it isn't really in the sun a lot, so it hasn't faded any from that. It's just ugly, put it serves it's purpose for me.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,848 Posts
Got them from factory and havent had any problem.
OP's talking about the rear louvers haha. But your side louvers do look great lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the aluminum ones AM sells good? I want them bad but everyone says they rattle, but a little rattle is worth it lol do they stay on good tho for the most part?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts