Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
patience and time and the rear end. all the bolts work again, and everything just bolts right up. its just a PITA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Monkey said:
patience and time and the rear end. all the bolts work again, and everything just bolts right up. its just a PITA
**** im running low on patiance so ill just wait a month or so to get one.

So my driveshaft will bolt right up?

I guess it would be a lot cheaoer to get gears done before Rear goes in right? so i'll go a head and get some 4.10's in before it goes in..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yes, driveshaft will bolt right up.

make sure to get gears for the 8.8 and specify that

·
Registered
941 Posts
it isn't any easier with the rear end out of the car. it just makes it where they can't test it out if it was already in the car. i had mine done out of the car, but i couldn't leave my car in houston where it was done because i had nowhere to go.

it's a simple bolt on, just takes some time and muscle. GET A BREAKER BAR, AKA large diameter piping to fit over wrenches to get the driveshaft, LCA/UCA bolts off.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you will also (a must) need a 100 dollar money order, i will give you the shipping information after you do this. the car may not run right unless you get one....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Assuming the 8.8 has axles in it, everything will bolt up.

Me and a friend swapped my 7.5 for his 8.8 in like 4-5hours...that included a lot of BS'ing, food, drinks, breaks etc....

But we had airtools :mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
stangin 99, it took me about 6-8 hours worth of work over two days to get it done with just regular tools and a breaker bar in the school's parking lot. :oops:

·
Registered
567 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
with just regular tools and a breaker bar

Thats your problem...air tools > *

We made our own ghetto-breaker bar. We took the handle for our jack and slid it over the ratchet. It had an extension as well so we used both, and it stuck out the side of the car just enough to used on the driveshaft bolts.

My friend( a big guy) would just jump on the bar....pretty funny actually :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts