Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy said something to me last night about welsibv it to make it spin both tires... Can you do that if so what's the cons of it

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
What's that ? Welding?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

My drift buddies weld their rear ends

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea lol type error... What's the cons of it you kbow would it be beneficial

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Yea lol what's the benefits of it you know

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
My friends done theirs it would seem cheaper I don't know anything else about it other than it works for him. His welds never broke.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Makes the car slight quicker

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Don't take my word for it just do more research.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Ill most likely get mine welded than buy a differential

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Welding makes it a full lock, basically there is no give between sides, which means around turns the inside tire will always be spinning some compared to the outside tire going normal speed.. If this is a car you drive and not just race don't do it, you'll eat tires up quick and will be dangerous when it's wet out

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welding makes it a full lock, basically there is no give between sides, which means around turns the inside tire will always be spinning some compared to the outside tire going normal speed.. If this is a car you drive and not just race don't do it, you'll eat tires up quick and will be dangerous when it's wet out
2nd this

"Yeh, we weld them all the time.

Only bad thing is its always locked, weather your going straight or turns, and when you turn you ass end will chirp around every corner, might get annoying and bounce you around a bit and it deffinetly ain't good on your equipt. but its always locked.

I usually turn with my gas pedal annyway, just a little turn with the steering then drift the rest of it Haha."

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't weld the rear end if you plan on driving on the street. Going through a drive through will be very difficult as an example.

But $175 doesn't seem bad at all as long as it has some hardware and not just an empty rear end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts