Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you guys and girls know I just recently rebuilt my rear end in my cobra first of july. I have been driving it a few weeks now breaking it in and now putting the hammer down on it. I decided to take it to the track tonight and made two easy passes made a third at 6000 launch and it just slipped the new gears and diff just to the point to where the car will barely move its not in a bind or anything just makes bad noise and slips. Any suggestions of what it could be? I will be pulling it apart tom to see exactly what it is. Does anyone know if American muscle does warranty?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's deff not the clutch the rear end makes a god aweful grinding noise

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so now that I finally got a weekend off in a month I decided to tear the rear end back out. Here's what's goin on with it when u put it in gear and let out the clutch tbe cars starts making a terrible metal on metal grinding noise an the car won't move the sound is coming from the rear end. I pulled the pumkin out and took it apart and there is no metal shavings or broken pieces. The alxes on both ends are good and the teeth on the diff are still good as well. Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I really don't think its the trans this time atleast. U can put ur ear by the pumkin and hear it. I pulled the drive shaft out and cranked the car and put it in gear and it didn't make a sound

·
Registered
333 Posts
My car did pretty much the same thing but it happened at a green light with just a normal takeoff...mine was the pinion bearing! It was seizing up on me...I had to rev it up to like 5 grand to get out of the street. I towed it home and had to rev the heck out of it to get it in the garage and in doing that, it locked up completely. I dropped the rear end and tried to take it all apart but was unable to cuz the pinion and bearing was completely welded to the housing! Had to buy a new rear end...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope that's not my prob cuz its all new motive shims and bearings but that don't mean a thing. I think it may be the pinion and the driveshaft flange slipping

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I found what my prob is both axles are stripped. Does any one have any used axles for 99-04 cobra 28 spline

1 - 13 of 13 Posts