Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am coming in to some money soon and I can't decided of I want to rebuild my 96 4.6L gt (along with stroking the the motor and polishing the heads, etc) or of I should just start doing mods to it. Whats yalls opinion?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If i were in that position id rebuild it stroked out with port/polished pi heads ( if u dont have them already) then play with mods. I got a 96 with pi heads, much better than the original heads though my motor has 95 k on it too lol

·
Registered
779 Posts
1996mustang said:
If i were in that position id rebuild it stroked out with port/polished pi heads ( if u dont have them already) then play with mods. I got a 96 with pi heads, much better than the original heads though my motor has 95 k on it too lol
You wont see badass improvement stroking these engines.. Its just good for future power adders..

You might as well buy patriot heads because porting heads + springs + everything else is the same price as buying heads.. And the new heads are lighter

I say Suspension > Gears > Shortthrow >Clutch > Engine mods

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
You wont see badass improvement stroking these engines.. Its just good for future power adders..

You might as well buy patriot heads because porting heads + springs + everything else is the same price as buying heads.. And the new heads are lighter

I say Suspension > Gears > Shortthrow >Clutch > Engine mods
+1^ except skip the Patriot heads, a lot of people have complained of valve seal issues

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slow2V said:
How many miles
Whats your price range
What tranny do you have
What are your current mods
About $2000
Stock transmission
Only mods right now are a cobra clutch and an electric fan