Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a recall letter from Ford for the throttle body on my 2011 V6. I have read several people having to have theirs replaced on this Forum. I haven't had any problems with mine but will have it replaced free of charge. The letter also says that if you have paid to have your throttle body replaced, you could be reimbursed if you fall in the date of the recall. You have to check with your dealer to find out the date.

Just thought I would let you all know :)

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
is there any type of recall number on it? I would like a free one but haven't had any issies with mine yet

too lazy to Google

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had any problems with mine too. They are calling it a "Customer Satisfaction Program" instead of a "recall" for some reason. Its Customer Satisfaction Program 16B23. I thought it was the passenger side inflator that will have letters going out soon, according to my Ford dealer :)

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Passenger side air bag now?!? It's a wonder that air bag company is still in business, and has not filed for bankrupt protection yet.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500, SGM, " 1 of 1 "
894 Posts
My GF got the 16B23 letter for her 2011 Edge. Has never had any issues, but if Ford wants to replace the TB @ no cost, no problem.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Ford service guy ordered my throttle body on Monday. Its in and they are going to change it tomorrow. He told me it should take around 30 minutes. That sounds about right. I remove and clean mine every 2 years, I just cleaned it a couple months ago :(

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

since 2009-ish they have replaced 11 million airbags, & 20 million to go

Sent from my iPhone 7+ via Mustang Evolution app

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer replaced it this morning and took 30minutes. They didn't say anything about my tune, long tube headers or my CAI. Don't worry if your not stock, it doesn't matter :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts