Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get one of these? Showed up in the mail today, says something about programming the ecu for better emissions and possibly shortening your warranty if you don't. Does this affect manuals as well as autos? I thought a majority of emissions programming would be for autos...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
They won't shorten your warranty. Ford made a mistake in programming them to set a CEL for a certain parameter. This is against EPA (thus emission) regulations and they're being forced to fix it or pay fines. So, they probably wouldn't have recalled it had it not been. It does nothing to change how the car runs. I had it done way back last year.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Is this just for 2013 3.7 Mustangs or what?

It sure would be nice to know a few details when it comes to a recall letter.:confused:
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Thanks for posting the letter

I now see it is for 2013 models and not all models.
Ronnie

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's being done today, fords also replacing the driver side pony light (water damage), radio display (distorted), and rear sway bar link (excessive noise) under warranty. Excited to have my car back minus these nuisance items!

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's being done today, fords also replacing the driver side pony light (water damage), radio display (distorted), and rear sway bar link (excessive noise) under warranty. Excited to have my car back minus these nuisance items!
I had both of my pony lights replaced too. They had streaking but since replacement they've been perfect.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got her back, everything is ship shape! Everything but that pony light, it now projects sides ways ... Pics to follow. I'll call Monday to see if they can adjust it easily

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got her back, everything is ship shape! Everything but that pony light, it now projects sides ways ... Pics to follow. I'll call Monday to see if they can adjust it easily

So it's time to renew my tags and I gotta do this recall 12E06. But I'm kinda worried that this re-flash is gonna throw my car off. I got 3.37 gears, 73mm TB, intake, and a 91P tune. I know I gotta re upload the stock tune so I could get this new re-flash. I was wondering if I gotta take the TB and intake out or is it cool to leave them on. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

I meant 3.73 gears

·
Abominable Mustang
1,863 Posts
As long as neither requires a tune, you're good just reloading the stock tune. Both of those are pretty easy parts to swap to stock if you end up needing to though.

Sent from the future.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,863 Posts
Certain aftermarket parts, such as Steeda's CAI, require a tune for the for the car to function properly. If neither your CAI nor your throttle body said "tune required" anywhere when you we ordering them, then you can reload your stock tune with out any issues. If either said "tune required" or something similar, then it'd be safer to install the stock part while the stock tune is loaded.

Sent from the future.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Easy

Just reload the stock tune right before driving to your dealer. When you get the car back just reload the custom tune before driving home.
If you live to far from your dealer just go to a Waffle house or someplace close by and stick the stock tune in while having breakfast. That way your not driving far and you can do the recall and have it done and over.
Ronnie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Certain aftermarket parts, such as Steeda's CAI, require a tune for the for the car to function properly. If neither your CAI nor your throttle body said "tune required" anywhere when you we ordering them, then you can reload your stock tune with out any issues. If either said "tune required" or something similar, then it'd be safer to install the stock part while the stock tune is loaded.

Sent from the future.

Makes sense. I'll check the boxes or instructions for these two parts. I appreciate bro

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Just reload the stock tune right before driving to your dealer. When you get the car back just reload the custom tune before driving home.

If you live to far from your dealer just go to a Waffle house or someplace close by and stick the stock tune in while having breakfast. That way your not driving far and you can do the recall and have it done and over.

Ronnie

Will do bro. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts