Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I read the same thing on various news sites but, there no mentioning of it for my VIN on Ford's owner website.

From a 2012 v6 auto to a 2015 GT manual

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got the recall notice yesterday, said the door latch could break which may make it difficult to close. Parts aren't available and they will let me know when they are.

Checked NHTSA site. Description a little different than Ford's letter. Says doors can unexpectedly fly open. In a few cases slammed shut again and hurt an arm. No remedy identified yet. Sounds like my 99 Explorer when a little spring inside the latch would break and disable the latch.

From NHTSA site:
A DOOR LATCH WITH A FRACTURED PAWL SPRING TAB TYPICALLY RESULTS IN A "DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE" CONDITION. A DOOR THAT OPENS WHILE DRIVING INCREASES THE RISK OF INJURY. AS OF 9/2/16, FORD'S INVESTIGATION INTO THIS CONCERN HAS IDENTIFIED A TOTAL OF ONE ALLEGED ACCIDENT AND THREE ALLEGED INJURIES THAT FORD BELIEVES MAY BE RELATED. ONE ALLEGED INJURY WAS TO AN OCCUPANT'S ARM FROM A DOOR THAT REPORTEDLY OPENED AND BOUNCED BACK. ANOTHER INJURY INVOLVED A DRIVER WHO ALLEGED HER HAND WAS INJURED WHEN TRYING TO GRAB A DOOR THAT OPENED. THE THIRD INJURY WAS TO AN OCCUPANT WHO ALLEGEDLY RECEIVED SCRATCHES FROM A REAR DOOR THAT OPENED WHILE DRIVING. FORD HAS NO FURTHER INFORMATION RELATING TO THESE REPORTS. THE ALLEGED ACCIDENT OCCURRED AFTER THE DRIVER'S DOOR REPORTEDLY OPENED IN A PARKING LOT AND RESULTED IN BUMPER DAMAGE, BUT FORD HAS NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

RECALL STATUS: Recall INCOMPLETE. Remedy not yet available

·
Registered
567 Posts
Unless your door is flying open right now there isnt a fix for this until early 2017, no parts available.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
on my 05 malibu, the back doors wouldn't latch in the winter time cold;
my dad fixed em with bungee cord

Sent from my iPhone 7+ via Mustang Evolution app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts