Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I took my 13' sixer in for it's first oil change. Everything went great, but they told me that they had to replace a part due to a recall. I didn't notice any problems with the car at all, he just said he was required to do it. (it was free). I just thought I would let everyone else know that way they can have their ponys checked out.

The part listed on my receipt is "RECALL-12E06"

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
They didn't replace anything. That's a recall I had done a while back. They reflashed the ECM to illuminate the CEL when a certain parameter is set. It was failing to set it and was an EPA issue. It doesn't affect how the car performs at all and if you don't get it flashed, nothing will happen.

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
some recalls you never have the issue, there are also TSB's that are put out (not the same as a recall). The TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) is put out so that IF you have the issue its fixed, recall is EVERY car is fixed regardless.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They didn't replace anything. That's a recall I had done a while back. They reflashed the ECM to illuminate the CEL when a certain parameter is set. It was failing to set it and was an EPA issue. It doesn't affect how the car performs at all and if you don't get it flashed, nothing will happen.
They did replace something, the mechanic said it had something to do with the computer, but he just pulled out a part and put a new one in. When I asked what it was, he just said "oh, just an updated part" which I don't believe because typically companies don't activate recalls unless is pretty dam important, since it cost them a lot of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts