Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I didn't get the Recaro seat option but I want to install the same Recaro seats for a reasonable price. I looked on the FRPP site but they sell them as singles for 3199.99 which is outrageous. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I looked for some last week and couldn't find a thing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't get recaros. That's about the going rate
That's ridiculous why do they go so high. I want the one piece harness seat like that but I don't like the way the ones that AM have look in the car. I think the Recaro seats go well with the car.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Is that with leather? The cloth Ford Racing ones usually run about $2,600 for the pair.
Heres the link.
2012-2013 FORD RACING RECARO MUSTANG SEAT | Part Details for M-63660005-MC* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Try cipheraoto.com. They sell some pretty cool seats for a reasonable price. Yes you have to buy seat mounts also but the most expensive they sell are around $750 for a pair. Then a couple of hundred for brackets. Still cheaper than Recaro's. Then you can add harnesses and the brace behind the seats if you want. I think if you get everything it's only around $1300. Thinking about it myself as a future mod. Just gotta decide if I'm willing to give up my heated seats.

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Car seat

Text Font Technology Electronic device Multimedia

Cipherauto.com

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try cipheraoto.com. They sell some pretty cool seats for a reasonable price. Yes you have to buy seat mounts also but the most expensive they sell are around $750 for a pair. Then a couple of hundred for brackets. Still cheaper than Recaro's. Then you can add harnesses and the brace behind the seats if you want. I think if you get everything it's only around $1300. Thinking about it myself as a future mod. Just gotta decide if I'm willing to give up my heated seats.
Man these are pretty sweet, plus I like the multicolor options. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

Cipherauto.com
Could I run the air bag sensor on these??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Man these are pretty sweet, plus I like the multicolor options. Thanks!
No problem. I actually stumbled across them on Facebook somehow. Don't remember. The set up in the pics is pretty sweet looking.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Air bag sensor?
Side impact airbag along edge of seat is what he's asking. My guess would be you'd have an airbag light "on" in the dash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If they are the same seats I'm thinking of, they have manual adjustments only. Here are some details.
Product Description
Fits 2011-2012 Mustang (Fit's 05-09 with modification) Similar to OEM seat found in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Seat is equipped with an integrated headrest, seat belt pass through openings and enhanced bolstered shoulder, back and thigh areas. Features an embroidered Ford Racing logo on front of seat back Sold as a pair 4-way manual adjustment (driver); 2-way manual adjustment (passenger) Manufactured for Ford Racing by Recaro

Fits 2012-2013 Mustang GT and 2012-2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Similar to OEM sport seat found in the 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca.
This seat is equipped with an integrated headrest, seat belt pass through openings and enhanced bolstered shoulder, back and thigh areas.
Features an embroidered Ford Racing logo on front of seat back
Sold as a pair
4-way manual adjustment (driver); 2-way manual adjustment (passenger)
Manufactured for Ford Racing by Recaro

I know of a shop selling them for $2950 per pair, but in Canada.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
FRPP recaros do come with airbags. I "borrowed" these images from the AM site and circled the "airbag" tag in each image.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat Family car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part

They are always manuals, regardless of whether ordered as a factory option or bought separately.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts