Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to install Recaro type seats in my 2013 GT. In researching I found that the air bag system will freak out once the seat bag is disconnected. The driver side has electric adjustments and I can't get an answer as to having to remove the motors or if there is a way to make them work with the new seat.
Went to an upholster that has been doing classics for years and he won't modify my seats for fear of screwing up the air bag system
Any thoughts or suggestions??
Thanks, Framemaker

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your only option is to install recaro's with the airbag's already on them or install racing seats and ditch the airbag. Braum makes really nice leather seats.

You will also loose power and heated seats. Even the OEM Recaro's are manual seats with no heater pads. I have a premium and adding recaro's deletes those 2 things

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You can swap over everything from your stock seats to the recaros.

My friend just put 14 Manual Recaros in his 2011 GT that had heated/power. We swapped everything over to the recaros (brackets, heat pads, airbags from stock seats etc) and bolted in the recaros. He now has power heated recaros with no airbag issues.

Don't let anyone tell you it's not possible because he JUST finished up today.

Instagram: @v6beast

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Nuff said :thumb:

It's NOT POSSIBLE to put a park bench sized rear spoiler on your mustang. Neither is it possible to run four tipped exhausts on each side of the car. Also not possible to vinyl wrap rainbows and my little pony on you pony car.... ???

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have daughters...it is possible re:rainbows and my little ponies on a mustang. Sorry, no pics! :flowers:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes but does it have the spoiler and the 8 tip exhaust? Now THAT'S impossible ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lmao! All at once! Now THAT would be something!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts