Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I recently took a "break" from working on the Fox Body to install GT500 axle backs on my 2014 GT. I had the Roush axle backs for almost six years and then was rockin' the stock mufflers the last few months while trying to sell the Roush. Well, I finally sold the Roush and picked up the GT500s. They have a nice sound and give me enough rumble to not fall asleep while driving, like the stockers, but aren't so loud and droning that I can't hear myself think. :)

Anyways, I made a video documenting the recent mistakes/foolish assumptions I made, while I patiently wait for the correct brake lines to arrive.

I am also still waiting for my Koni shocks to arrive. In the meanwhile, I am searching for (and saving for) a second set of wheels and tires in the hopes that I can get to at least one track day or autocross event before winter time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My latest attempt on the brakes didn't go the way I'd like, so naturally I documented my latest round of mishaps and failures.

I went ahead and ordered the Motive power bleeder, which arrived this week. Going to visit family for a few days so I’m planning to get back to the fox and get this brake issue fixed early next week.
IMG-3162.jpg

These arrived this week too and fingers crossed that the Koni parts arrive soon. It would be nice to get the brakes sorted, install all new shocks and struts and drive the car some.
IMG-3179.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally managed to finish up the brake master cylinder saga after multiple setbacks...latest video/explanations are here:

Looking forward to driving the car again for a week or two and then getting started on suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finally took some time to start working on the suspension this past weekend. Finished up installing the struts but still need to make time to do the rear shocks and quad shocks.

Weirdest/most time consuming part about the strut install was definitely repurposing the dust boot upper retainers.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts