Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Nice updates over the last 6 + months!
Thank you!

Got a new video up a week or so ago, a review of the SVE jack pads and the pinch weld flange straightening tool. There’s more detail in the video but I’m pretty happy with these SVE jack pads. It would be awesome if they made them in a few different sizes (like maybe slightly bigger to better fit the jack cup like the rubber one pictured below) but these seem like they will work pretty well for the Fox. I haven’t tried them on the 2014 yet but I do have the Steeda low profile jacking rails on that car so it's less of an issue.

It's pretty awesome that they have magnets.
IMG-9762.jpg IMG-9761.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I took advantage of the warm weather to finally get started on the cooling system stuff, which I’ve been procrastinating on. I drained the coolant, removed the hoses, and sprayed some PB blaster on the water pump bolts. Had to do some work on the back deck over the weekend as well so I didn’t get a ton of time on the Fox but I’m glad I finally started that process.
IMG-0075.jpg IMG-0090.jpg

Also found a large drip pan at Auto Zone today. It was $10 so I grabbed it. Figure it’s better than constantly throwing cardboard boxes underneath to catch leaks.
IMG-0045.jpg IMG-0101.jpg

Made a little bit more progress on Sunday - got all the hoses removed, got 4 of the water pump bolts out, and took the coolant overflow tank out. Taking the tank out made me glad I decided to order a new one.
IMG-0091.jpg

I made a new video, which I uploaded last night. The earlier bits are me failing at something unrelated to the cooling system, rambling, taking a trip to Auto Zone, and then eventually getting around to working on the cooling system bits.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts