Mustang Evolution Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Nice updates over the last 6 + months!
Thank you!

Got a new video up a week or so ago, a review of the SVE jack pads and the pinch weld flange straightening tool. There’s more detail in the video but I’m pretty happy with these SVE jack pads. It would be awesome if they made them in a few different sizes (like maybe slightly bigger to better fit the jack cup like the rubber one pictured below) but these seem like they will work pretty well for the Fox. I haven’t tried them on the 2014 yet but I do have the Steeda low profile jacking rails on that car so it's less of an issue.

It's pretty awesome that they have magnets.
Car alarm Automotive lighting Finger Automotive tire Cable Hood Camera lens Automotive lighting Gas Digital camera

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I took advantage of the warm weather to finally get started on the cooling system stuff, which I’ve been procrastinating on. I drained the coolant, removed the hoses, and sprayed some PB blaster on the water pump bolts. Had to do some work on the back deck over the weekend as well so I didn’t get a ton of time on the Fox but I’m glad I finally started that process.
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exhaust Metal Motor vehicle Hood Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Also found a large drip pan at Auto Zone today. It was $10 so I grabbed it. Figure it’s better than constantly throwing cardboard boxes underneath to catch leaks.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Made a little bit more progress on Sunday - got all the hoses removed, got 4 of the water pump bolts out, and took the coolant overflow tank out. Taking the tank out made me glad I decided to order a new one.
Automotive tire Vehicle Tread Rim Automotive design

I made a new video, which I uploaded last night. The earlier bits are me failing at something unrelated to the cooling system, rambling, taking a trip to Auto Zone, and then eventually getting around to working on the cooling system bits.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I've been crazy busy with work lately and my wife and I took a couple of weeks to get out of town so I haven't updated my threads much lately. The cooling system stuff (hoses, thermostat housing, & thermostat) took way longer than I expected. Sharing part 2 of that experience here:

Also, in case anyone's card nerdness extends beyond Mustangs, while we were on our road trip, we visited a friend in Louisiana who recently bought a 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO rally car, which I got to drive multiple times in three days. It was pretty awesome, to put it mildly.
Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
New video is up, taking forever to remove the damaged factory bumper cover and checking fitment on the new replacement bumper.

A few other things arrived yesterday

Passenger side rear ground effect replacement:
Wood Gas Tints and shades Composite material Automotive exterior
Old one has a pretty bad crack in it.

MM steering shaft:
Tool Wood Auto part Metal Hand tool

I’m looking forward to having more precise steering on the Fox but I’m a little worried about the installation on this, lol.

I’ve got a few things I want to do on the Dudestang before I get to the steering shaft.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Picked up the freshly painted rear bumper cover and ground effect piece a couple of weeks ago but forgot to update my various threads.
Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Hood

Reactions: crjackson

·
Administrator
815 Posts
Isn‘t it about time for another update?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I went to a car audio shop last weekend with the intent of getting a quote on a new stereo setup for the Fox. As much as I tried to convince myself I was OK with the soulless gap in the center console and no music, I needed something. The shop wasn't super busy and the guy ended up installing a new double din receiver in a little over an hour. I now have Apple Car Play in my Fox:

The passenger door speaker is missing but the rest of the speakers work OK. Next I just need to get a replacement door speaker, an amp, and a subwoofer or two.

·
Administrator
815 Posts
The passenger door speaker is missing but the rest of the speakers work OK.
Couldn’t the shop have installed a suitable replacement?

Reactions: DudeStang

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I had a local shop weld in Flowmaster high flow cats to the offroad x pipe (it was on the car when I bought it). The car definitely seems a bit quieter and I think the cats helped get rid of most of the gas smell but I'll need to drive more to confirm.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper

I still have the drone, I assume due to the Flowmaster mufflers, so at some point I'm going to see about adding a new cat-back or swapping the Flowmasters for a different muffler design.

Anyways, I uploaded a new vlog with a bit more on the cats and other things, a few days ago:

·
Lorraine's driver
7,750 Posts
I had drone pretty bad with my fox when I had Flowmasters too. It didn't bother me too much, but I also didn't have to drive it for long periods of time. The Borla stingers on my 04 Mach don't have anywhere near the drone, but different engine types might also be a factor.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts