Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cerra racing is great... its where i had my gears and tlok installed. The guys know more about stangs, vettes, vipers, and other power cars then i could ever dream about. They have a dyno and are just great... id recommend them to anyone just simply because they know what theyre doing.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Cerra Racing is located where? Iowa, or do you drive up to Minnesota or down to Missouri? Any address or phone numbers?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol its already up there, i was just putting in a good word... its in illinois ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
White's Pit Stop
2454 E. 170th Street
Lansing, IL 60438

In Illinois: 1-708-418-8400
Outide Illinois: 1-800-323-5630

www.whitespitstop.com

awesome place to deal with :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
White's? PLEASE....

You've GOT to be kidding me!

White's Pit Stop is less than two miles from me.

I went there first, for the first time, for my K&N kit. The guy behind the counter said it didn't exist, even though I was holding the downloaded & printed installation instructions in my hand - with the relevant kit number!

The guy got with the other employees present, and they all concluded the kit didn't exist. I managed to convince them to call their K&N supplier - who supposedly also said the kit didn't exist, regardless of what I was holding.

I left, completely disgusted. Research on the 'net found another "speed shop", but a bit further away.

I went to this shop, also for the first time, and asked the guy for the same kit - even asked for it the exact same way. After a few seconds of the usual info gathering, he said "his computer didn't show anything for that combination", and asked me if I was sure about availability. I then handed him the printed instructions, and he grabbed the phone immediately. Less than five minutes later he quoted me a price, and asked me if I wanted it. When I agreed, he spoke with the other end of the call for a few more seconds, hung up, and told me it would be in on Tuesday (this was Friday.)

The kit was in on schedule, at the quoted price. When I picked it up, I mentioned the trouble at White's. The reply was along the lines of "we get more customers that way, you gotta wonder sometimes."

Here's the folks that knew their ####:

Highland Auto Parts
8843 Indianapolis Blvd.
Highland, IN 46322
219-923-9600

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: White's? PLEASE....

Mongo said:
You've GOT to be kidding me!

White's Pit Stop is less than two miles from me.

I went there first, for the first time, for my K&N kit. The guy behind the counter said it didn't exist, even though I was holding the downloaded & printed installation instructions in my hand - with the relevant kit number!

The guy got with the other employees present, and they all concluded the kit didn't exist. I managed to convince them to call their K&N supplier - who supposedly also said the kit didn't exist, regardless of what I was holding.

I left, completely disgusted. Research on the 'net found another "speed shop", but a bit further away.

I went to this shop, also for the first time, and asked the guy for the same kit - even asked for it the exact same way. After a few seconds of the usual info gathering, he said "his computer didn't show anything for that combination", and asked me if I was sure about availability. I then handed him the printed instructions, and he grabbed the phone immediately. Less than five minutes later he quoted me a price, and asked me if I wanted it. When I agreed, he spoke with the other end of the call for a few more seconds, hung up, and told me it would be in on Tuesday (this was Friday.)

The kit was in on schedule, at the quoted price. When I picked it up, I mentioned the trouble at White's. The reply was along the lines of "we get more customers that way, you gotta wonder sometimes."

Here's the folks that knew their ####:

Highland Auto Parts
8843 Indianapolis Blvd.
Highland, IN 46322
219-923-9600
i dunno, i never had problems with them when i went there. Ordered exhaust through them, and also ordered parts for my buddies GT through them.

Hey, thats cool you live in lansing, my mom lives in lansing --- i live in Calumet City with my dad right off Torrence and Pulaski :D Where do you hang out in lansing cuz there is nothing over here.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Hey Mongo,

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for relaying your experience and your recommendation!

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Indy Auto Shading, Inc. (specializing in window tinting)
Ryan Dean
PO Box 6436
Fishers, Indiana. 46038
Mobile (317) 339- TINT (8468)

·
Registered
3 Posts
if anyone is in michigan theres a shop called livernois www.livernoismotorsports.com owner dan millen with the fastest outlaw mustang w/ a 7.17sec quarter mile, in just about every issue or 5.0 and mustang and fast ford, they are the coolest guys and respect v6 performance as well building a special cam for me check it out

·
Registered
3 Posts
if anyone is in michigan theres a shop called livernois www.livernoismotorsports.com owner dan millen with the fastest outlaw mustang w/ a 7.17sec quarter mile, in just about every issue or 5.0 and mustang and fast ford, they are the coolest guys and respect v6 performance as well building a special cam for me check it out

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
hey cool bout time i find someone else from michigan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts