Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I emptied my catch can for the first time about a week or two ago and without even thinking just dumped it right back into the engines reservoir. It looked pretty clean on top but at the bottom, there was a bunch of blackness that I did not notice until it was pouring into the engine. The amount was very small maybe few, ounces of oil. I probably won't be doing this in the future just to keep it as clean as possible. I was just curious if anyone else has done that without issue or what their experience was and what they do with you guys do with the catch can oil. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
17,946 Posts
A lot of dudes do that, some just have a jug in the garage they use as their disposal. Up to you really. If you are getting sludge out of it I'd just empty it into a jug.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
If anything use it in an oil can for lubing hedge trimmers etc....otherwise just recycle it with your waste oil. If you don't change your own oil just save it in a qt jug and ask the guys at wherever you get your oil changed to recyle it for you. If they say no dump it in their mail box........ :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts