Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bennyhill said:
What is the red line on a 5.0 and whats the rev limiter set at?
7,000 for both I do believe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoot I'm currently building a 4.6 .020 overbore with a stroker kit fully forged. I'm raising my rev limiter to 7000 all though it can handle at-least 7500 with the block blueprinted and balanced. I really just want to keep up with a gt500.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Bennyhill said:
Shoot I'm currently building a 4.6 .020 overbore with a stroker kit fully forged. I'm raising my rev limiter to 7000 all though it can handle at-least 7500 with the block blueprinted and balanced. I really just want to keep up with a gt500.
What will the new displacement be? 302? I'm pretty sure the 4.6 has a hard limit lower than the 7800 of the coyote copperhead ECM, but I'm pretty sure you'll still be good to 7k

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fi. So far I have a small charger. "roushcharger" /eatons m90. Very small only expecting about 9psi of boost. But at this point it will be my limiting factor. I would like a kb or even a roush tvs 2300. But I'll say this no supercharger sounds as good as the m90

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bennyhill said:
Fi. So far I have a small charger. "roushcharger" /eatons m90. Very small only expecting about 9psi of boost. But at this point it will be my limiting factor. I would like a kb or even a roush tvs 2300. But I'll say this no supercharger sounds as good as the m90
except my kenne bell 2.8L mammoth and I know because I have a rouschcharged/eaton 90 in the drive way too :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts