Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 and wanted to purchase these stripes but i parked next to a 11 and theyre so light! I want something like the boston redsox red or sterlying gray

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have a 13 and wanted to purchase these stripes but i parked next to a 11 and theyre so light! I want something like the boston redsox red or sterlying gray
Being an owner of a Race Red, I noticed how hard it is to take a pic of it... It always looks orangy or pinkish, it's rare to get that deep red look unless its taken with a DSLR camera or photoshop. In person, it's a whole other animal

·
Registered
411 Posts
Being an owner of a Race Red, I noticed how hard it is to take a pic of it... It always looks orangy or pinkish, it's rare to get that deep red look unless its taken with a DSLR camera or photoshop. In person, it's a whole other animal
i love race red though... i regret my color decision almost everyday... next color will be out of this world.. stand outish! GHIG! LOVE THAT COLOR

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i love race red though... i regret my color decision almost everyday... next color will be out of this world.. stand outish! GHIG! LOVE THAT COLOR
Believe it or not, sterling grey was my 1st choice... I wanted something stealthy, but ended up with the red, I'm very happy I have the red now :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just did a search on eBay for 3m 1080 vinyl. I bought a roll that was 5ftx10ft that wasn't pre cut but ended up with plenty of extra. You should be fine with 5'x5'. I cut it into strips and used painters tape to measure the gap in the middle. Pretty easy if you take your time, it took me a full day with a friend to complete. Also this vinyl has some kind of air release channels built into it that u can't see but left me with no bubbles at all

Not sure if this link will work since I'm doing this from my phone.

3M 1080 Gloss Hot Rod Red Vinyl Car Wrap Decal Roll - 12ft x 5ft (60 sq/ft)

http://bit.ly/TKMZrc

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey just an update. I moved to upstate NY and te vinyl has started cracking and peeling off. I'm not sure if its from the cold or maybe the salt but I wouldn't recommend it for northern USA. This was after about two weeks here

image-3310159066.jpg

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I live in Chicago had my stripes on car through many winters and its a daily driver mine have never looked like that lol maybe how they installs or you got crappy vinyl . But vinyl is amazing mine looks we still after 2 yrs

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Goo gone does miracles let it soak . Just saying mines never done that. And when I pull mine off it comes off in one piece . Crap happens though paint is just to expensive and I like changing at will

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ya I'm not mad about it. This just gives me an excuse to change her look again. I'm thinking matte black on black this time. I'm gonna give plastidip a try this time and see how that goes

1 - 20 of 38 Posts