Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've missed these guys (the prior Top Gear folks!), and if you have Amazon Prime --- you need to see the new intro to episode 1 of the GRAND TOUR!
All three driving Mustangs to the limit with a smile on their faces. I am watching this episode right now, and plan on watching the intro again -- and maybe again!

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
It was pretty epic. Glad I didn't have to wait until Friday for it!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was pretty epic. Glad I didn't have to wait until Friday for it!
True.............and nice to finally see the McClaren, Porsche and the LaFerrari up against each other! I won't give away the ending as to which one set the best lap time......very interesting though.....and the SOUNDS!:dance:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are saying that the opening scene alone cost Amazon 3.2 MILLION dollars..........that's a LOT of zeros for a few minutes of TV!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
They are saying that the opening scene alone cost Amazon 3.2 MILLION dollars..........that's a LOT of zeros for a few minutes of TV!
That was certainly a waste of $3,200,000.

For all the hype the opening scene had it was really a let down.

It was literally, three Mustangs driving down an interstate, driving down a road, driving down another road, driving in the desert, passing a group of random vehicles in the desert and parking at a tent while a band plays and then a few jets fly overhead.

Not a single exciting thing happens... the entire opening scene.

That said, I did enjoy the episode, especially them getting in a fight with the audience and making fun of Top Gear's star in a reasonably price car. Having the 918, The Ferrari and the Mclaren P1 all at the same track was also quite interesting, especially when you forget to let off the aero button in the P1.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^Well, if they had to pay for the planes then that was probably half the expense........:whistling:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, with four weeks under our collective belts........what say you all to the quality of The Grand Tour?
I'd say that weeks one and three were above average, but not enough above average to begin to redeem weeks 2 and 4.............Seems like you can watch the comparison test and race track stuff at the beginning 20 minutes or so, and then go watch something worthwhile.
The "conversation" and the exploding guest star(s) are getting really old. A Range Rover made out of mud......then bricks, another made out of MEAT -- for heavens sakes -- do we have to put up with this non show for another 32 episodes? Amazon execs have to be gritting their teeth.....I know that I am!:eek:
And when did Clarkson become a fat old mysoginist??.........oh wait a minute, that happened on Top Gear.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts