Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, from what I've gathered here, I should definitely NOT rebuild the 3.8 and just do a 4.2 swap.

I was just gonna list some ideas here and see what you guys think. I wanna keep away from anything too expensive right now, I'm more of a junkyard hp kinda guy, lol.

4.2 Swap.
Windstar Intake.

What else, guys!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
What do you consider expensive? Lol

Since you'll have the motor pulled good time to install long tube headers, and you can get them for ~200 shipped to your door

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I return!
Okay, let's see. I have a GT rear end installed, but I want to put 3.73's in it whenever it needs a rebuild.
Uh, I'd love longtubes, but no where I look have longtubes for 98's? It always says 94-97?
AND I WANT TO CAM THIS THING! I love how loopy it can sound, haha.

I should've added, I'm having my exhaust redone like this:
Longtubes (If I can find any).
Mac H offroad.
Mac Dumps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The longtubes will fit the 98. There's nothing different about the chassis, just some electronics.

Make SURE that you clean ALL the carbon out of the runner in the intakes, heads and off the valves. Built up carbon can impede flow up to 20cfm. You can get a cam from ESG-642T for cheaper than anywhere else. Tell him Garret sent you.

If you decide to replace your springs, LS1 valvesprings from Summit Racing are 70 bucks, and you'll need Retainers from a 99-04 2V GT and those are about 11 bucks for a set of 12 from Tousley Ford Parts. This will let you run up to .560 lift cams, and works with stock valves. Cheap insurance for longevity, even if you don't get a cam.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I believe you just have to block the EGR port on the headers for the 98's, check eBay there are some decently priced sets there

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I've made all of the same considerations for a while and what I've come down to consider is- SSM Stage 3 Power Pack OR junk yard Cobra donor swap out.
Also, I have all of the bolt-ons possible & the biggest gains I got was from the SCT dyno tunes, 3:73 gear swap, and the exhaust system I went with including MAC's ceramic longtube headers and MAC'a ProChamber (10HP increase)

·
Registered
835 Posts
My favorite cam has got to be the Lumpy cam from SSM.
That cam, LT headers, off-road H-pipe and flow 40's... :headbang:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I wish! If I had that set-up I wouldn't upgrade it anymore. Right now its a 4.2 junkyard stroker with the cam from a 97 4.2 and single pipe muffler delete with all 4 cats.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
lemons95 said:
I wish! If I had that set-up I wouldn't upgrade it anymore. Right now its a 4.2 junkyard stroker with the cam from a 97 4.2 and single pipe muffler delete with all 4 cats.
Need to hit up Kyle for a bigger cam :D make it thumpy haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts