Painted my wiper arms.

Pulled them off
Sanded with 400 grit
Sprayed with duplicolor prep spray
Wiped with tack cloth
Sprayed 2 coats of duplicolor black
Sprayed 5 coats duplicolor performance clear
Put them back on, lowering them about 1/4 inch

I allowed for a 5 minute flash time between coats.

Washed and waxed the car too!

ForumRunner_20130111_132246.png

ForumRunner_20130111_132307.png

ForumRunner_20130111_132332.png

ForumRunner_20130111_132349.png

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to your local autoparts store. Get "Duplicolor Perfect Match" whatever the universal black color was, or the black of your choice. The clear I used was the Duplicolor clear coat for wheels, hoping for more durability.

8 bucks for Duplicolor Perfect Match Black
8 bucks for Duplicolor Performance Wheel Clear
8 bucks for Duplicolor Prep-Spray ( Always use before painting )
2 bucks for tack clothes ( Always use before painting )
4 bucks for sand paper 400 grit

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
so far since 03 mine are still looking new minus one place where the paint is just worn off~ i need to do this

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fender extention is the plastic piece on your car that is at the very front of the side skirts, on the bottom on the fender just behind the front wheels, make sense?

The one in my pick is upside down, it is also the passenger side extention.

Mine was missing, so I picked one up from a guy and sanded, prepped and painted it to match my car.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so far since 03 mine are still looking new minus one place where the paint is just worn off~ i need to do this
It really brings some new life to em, and the little things make a difference.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

How long has that paint Ben on that
I don't understand? On what?

The paint on the fender extention in that picture was fully dried and cured.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is what it is, and after I put it on.

I still need to replace that sideskirt, but I'll do that when she goes in for paint.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if I ever painted the side skirt i would recommend a 3m clear bra wrap to keep them lookin good. I would try to find a set of 01 bullitt sides or 03/04 cobra sides as well, much cleaner than the OEM gt/v6 sides.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's Dark Shadow Grey now ( Grey Metallic ) code CX, but yes I'm pretty sure I'll do the same color. Then again, I have been playing with the idea of doing a complete color change ( jams, underhood, etc. ) to Performance White ( I don't know the paint code off hand ).

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
White is a pain in the ass to keep clean tho :/ I love the sonic blue at first it was too purple for me but now I love it
It is a pain. But my stang stayes in a heated airconditioned garage and almost never sees rain. Not to mention she gets taken care of often. Regular washes, wax, claybar, polish. Ill have to do some sole searching.

But back on track, this is a project that is very easy and inexpensive to do and does quite a bit to bring back that nice new look to your Mustang. Most people overlook thier faded and chipped wiper arms.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

It is a pain. But my stang stayes in a heated airconditioned garage and almost never sees rain. Not to mention she gets taken care of often. Regular washes, wax, claybar, polish. Ill have to do some soul searching.

But back on track, this is a project that is very easy and inexpensive to do and does quite a bit to bring back that nice new look to your Mustang. Most people overlook thier faded and chipped wiper arms.
I also carry around several microfiber clothers and a bottle of mothers quick detailer where ever I go.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea deffinetly after seeing yours gonna try to re-do mine but in white
Eventually will be going midnight blue with white wheels so we will see how this works out

1 - 20 of 45 Posts