Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my gt has 250,000 miles and i want to know if i lost some hp do to the miles. If i did, is there something i can do to get some if not all of it back ? I was looking around and seen some liquid you put in the gas tank.

Texas Rider

·
Premium Member
6,863 Posts
When was the last tune up done?

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
63 Posts
At 250000 there will be wear in the motor it can cause loss of power. Hard to get it back without spending lots of money !! And you have got to be careful about liquid fixes most are a waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It really all depends. I would say start off buy doing a full tune up and maybe some fuel injection cleaner or seafoam. But it really depends on how well the car was taken care of. The only way to know if their is power loss is to get it on a dyno.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Spark plugs for sure . Maybe fuel injector cleaner and the easy stuff air filter ,oil it all depends on what's been done and when.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If it was my car I would look at coil paks ,plugs . I would do a compression test that tells alot!!

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Extra hot Tabasco in the gas tank.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Why does nobody ever mention a fuel filter change? I also don't subscribe to a lot of highway miles as necessarily being easier than city miles. All depends on how it is driven

·
Registered
86 Posts
Why does nobody ever mention a fuel filter change? I also don't subscribe to a lot of highway miles as necessarily being easier than city miles. All depends on how it is driven

Changed my fuel filter and it was day and night from how it was before.

·
Premium Member
6,863 Posts
Fuel filter is part of a tune up, or at least around here it is.

Pick your poison.

K

·
0 Posts
Fuel filter, fuel system cleaner, clean the throttle body and maf sensor, new air filter, oil change, check tire pressure, rotate and balance tires, and new spark plugs. Then once all that is done, disconnect the battery for 1 hour. After reconnecting the battery, take it for a drive so it can relearn everything. Should feel smoother and more snappy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts