Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea I have a stock plane as can be 2013 GT mustang. And I was wondering if I should use premium. Or stick with the regular fuel?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Stick with regular, the new 5.0s are able to electronically adjust to a higher octane of fuel. But you still won't see anywhere near as much gain as you would with a tune.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Well you won't get 420 at the wheels anyway cause of drivetrain loss. But yea you won't get the full amount of power, but it isn't a whole lot of a difference, some people will say they can feel the difference but it is usually just in their head.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Simple fix.... Get a 93 Octane Race tune, problem solved lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Stick with regular, the new 5.0s are able to electronically adjust to a higher octane of fuel. But you still won't see anywhere near as much gain as you would with a tune.
That's what i would do also lol
What? You just contradicted yourself.

Either way I would stick with at least 91, since that's what this motor is really designed for. At 11:1 CR I would never recommend 87 or even 89, yea the motor can adjust timing if knock is detected but you're far more likely to screw something up if you use lower octane fuel. These cars are known to lean out in the upper rpm range even on stock tune.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
while I know it is for the 2011, the engine is the same for the 2011-2013 years in everyway.
Not quite, there has been a big debate as to when the piston oil squirrels were deleted, also the pistons are slightly different where they use more ring skirts I believe. Different timing tables and tuning also.

But for our purposes in this thread the motor is the same

1 - 14 of 14 Posts