Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted to relocate my battery. To the trunk. What are the pros and cons besides the weight issue? My car isn't a track car just more of a toy.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No cons really besides just working on it I did mine with no problem. Make sure you use big enough wiring. And ground the battery. It makes your car faster about .1 off a quarter mile also make sure you secure the battery also and you'll be perfectly fine

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
No cons really besides just working on it I did mine with no problem. Make sure you use big enough wiring. And ground the battery. It makes your car faster about .1 off a quarter mile also make sure you secure the battery also and you'll be perfectly fine
I don't think moving the battery will give you a .1 faster 1/4 time.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I have always wanted to relocate my battery. To the trunk. What are the pros and cons besides the weight issue? My car isn't a track car just more of a toy.
Pretty much slightly better weight distribution, and more engine space.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
I don't think moving the battery will give you a .1 faster 1/4 time.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Pretty much slightly better weight distribution, and more engine space.
At my 1000 foot track it gave me .04 so it's close to a tenth in 1/4 mile.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Close enough maybe not exactly but it'll help. Little bit oh wait and I just remember that's when I removed ac too. So yeah your right my bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts