Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I need some recommendations. I want to get a remote car starter and I need to have it installed by someone as well. I was looking at some packages that Best Buy offers. Has anyone had one installed by them? Or can suggest another place that is affordable (and reliable)?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/viper-...ion/9999271400050000.p?skuId=9999271400050000

Thanks!

-Christina

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why presume?? ? Lol but yea automatic.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
One of the forum members used to tell a story about how he had a remote starter installed on a manual transmission car. It worked great but you had to remember to leave the car in neutral when parked. Well, he started it up one morning after his girlfriend had driven the car, and he watched as it drove itself through his neighbors fence!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I got into an online fight with someone who wanted to know how to bypass the clutch safety and was PO'd when I told him it was stupid.

you can do it with a manual but it involves starting the car and exiting the car with it running. Then turning off the car and arming the start. It shuts off the start if you open a door. This is supposed to insure you have it in neutral.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the forum members used to tell a story about how he had a remote starter installed on a manual transmission car. It worked great but you had to remember to leave the car in neutral when parked. Well, he started it up one morning after his girlfriend had driven the car, and he watched as it drove itself through his neighbors fence!
Holy ****! Was the car totaled?? See what happens when you let a woman drive your Mustang? lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got into an online fight with someone who wanted to know how to bypass the clutch safety and was PO'd when I told him it was stupid.

you can do it with a manual but it involves starting the car and exiting the car with it running. Then turning off the car and arming the start. It shuts off the start if you open a door. This is supposed to insure you have it in neutral.
Oh well that just seems pointless then. The main reason I want to have one installed is for the winter. So I can warm it up from my window. I used to have a remote starter on my Grand Prix years ago and it was a glorious thing. The guy I bought the car from installed it himself but I'd prefer it be done professionally.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sexting and driving? Lol.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I love my remote start. Could a dealer install the Ford remote start or is that a dumb question?
Did you install yours yourself?

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Holy ****! Was the car totaled?? See what happens when you let a woman drive your Mustang? lol.
Lol.
No. If I remember correctly, the damage was relatively minor. Especially, considering all of the horrible things that COULD have happened in a case like that.

·
Registered
504 Posts

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

No, it was part of one of Ford's option packages, or maybe the 50th-anniversary package.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol.
No. If I remember correctly, the damage was relatively minor. Especially, considering all of the horrible things that COULD have happened in a case like that.
True story. He lucked out. Hopefully he doesn't let his gf touch the Mustang anymore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

No, it was part of one of Ford's option packages, or maybe the 50th-anniversary package.
Nice! I might ask one of my local Ford dealerships about installing it. But I doubt it'll be reasonably priced.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts