Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas.

I tried taking the belt holder that is attached to the seat and I just got so annoyed I stopped. Its looks very easy but I just wasn't able to. Maybe its something so easy and I am clueless.:wtf2:

Does anyone know the easiest way to remove them?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
There are two tiny screws under the head rest, you need one of those z shaped screw drivers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had no luck finding one at the hardware store. I have asked a couple of my buddies and they no clue what a "z shaped scredriver" is..

Is there another specific name I can use to look for this tool.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Um, is there technical name, i have no idea. That's just what everybody calls them. it's piece of steel rod basically, and at both end it's bent 90* in opposite directions and the end has a phillips or flat head. I'll see if I can get a picture or something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got one of those wrench key sets @ Autozone yesterday.The bits are star shaped and it has 7 key wrenches in it(it's pocket sized)The technical name I don't know...but the one I bought is called a drivemaster key set. It ran me about $7.I have seen these at several auto part stores around my area so that would be my suggestion for you.
Hope this helps you out!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
BlueThunder said:
I got one of those wrench key sets @ Autozone yesterday.The bits are star shaped and it has 7 key wrenches in it(it's pocket sized)The technical name I don't know...but the one I bought is called a drivemaster key set. It ran me about $7.I have seen these at several auto part stores around my area so that would be my suggestion for you.
Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I believe you are talking about torx drivers? I have some, the come in sizes like T-10, T-15, T-20, etc. You can get them in bits and things that will fit on a ratchet too.

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
I've got to get one of those..my driver side is about to fall off lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure if it will work for all cases...but something I did made it real easy to take them belt guides off was this.First I took out the first screw closest to the door and then for the second screw( the hard to reach one) I turned the belt guide counter clockwise until the screw came loose.After that I used the guide like a ratchet and turned the screw the rest of the way(use finger to hold pressure on screw and slightly raise the guide during the c/c turn)
And that's the story of how I got my seatbelt guides off....Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
Yeh..but then you gotta get them back on....lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts