Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed my CD player now my volume is super super low and I can barely hear it on my radio any ideas?

99 gt Mach 460 system.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
WheelStander said:
So I removed my CD player now my volume is super super low and I can barely hear it on my radio any ideas?

99 gt Mach 460 system.

Thanks for any comments.
I'm guessing you took out an aftermarket unit? Therefore it doesn't create as many watts and volume would be lower

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't no if this will work but can you plug it back in and see if it's back to normal. Maybe the two are connected somehow. That's just a guess

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
The cd player works with the head unit to send power to the amps. You probably only have highs as well

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I too would like to know if there is a way around, I wanna panel gauge the beast

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You're going to have to find a way to send power to the amps.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
WheelStander said:
Ah thanks. I'm taking it apart I see the amp back there.

Thanks!
There are three amps. Easiest way is an aftermarket headunit with a mach 460 harness

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Any good stereo shop or online. Just make sure its for the 99-01 mach 460. Not 100% sure if 02-04 harness is the same.

Either way it will have two pigtail connectors instead of one like the normal stereo

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll find out tomorrow...what should I look for?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Going early when they open.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

It's a "kit" whatever that means.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts