Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
but the cats are too expensive so is it worth it to go with the off road pipe instead?
only reason why i did not cat is because i know someone to pass my inspection for me and cheaper

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
it's against federal law to remove your cats, however, unless your STATE requires inspection, then you should have no problems removing your catalytic converters.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Removing cats is against federal law. Replacing cats is also against the law as they are designed to last the life of the car.

I know ppl remove them, hell my car does not have cats. Just supplying the facts..

·
Registered
289 Posts
if you get pulled over turn off the car cuz they will smell the gas

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don't get cats. Of course it's against the law but it's not enforced that much because what fatass police officer is going to crawl under your car and check? none.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
m_tyler_r said:
Don't get cats. Of course it's against the law but it's not enforced that much because what fatass police officer is going to crawl under your car and check? none.
I'm sure it won't be very long before emissions inspections are nationwide, just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
745 Posts
lowflyn said:
I'm sure it won't be very long before emissions inspections are nationwide, just keep that in mind.
me and schram1 are in Texas, where emissions inspections are year round. Your point is a good one because not everyone can get inspections without being checked for emissions. You just have to know the right shop or person.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
m_tyler_r said:
me and schram1 are in Texas, where emissions inspections are year round. Your point is a good one because not everyone can get inspections without being checked for emissions. You just have to know the right shop or person.
With the government leaders currently in office we are the enemy. everyone should be driving shoe box size econoboxes according to them

·
Registered
745 Posts
lowflyn said:
With the government leaders currently in office we are the enemy. everyone should be driving shoe box size econoboxes according to them
+1 couldn't have said it better

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
m_tyler_r said:
+1 couldn't have said it better
...that's why I have a stash of factory midpipes in the attic. They'll be valuable someday

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Does hi flow cats throw check engine light?
No they work just as normal just hi flow so emissions safe bro so ur check engine light will be fine. Ur exhaust will throw smoke for like 30 seconds while it does a first burn but after that it's great. You get great sound and performance and still legal

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
No they work just as normal just hi flow so emissions safe bro so ur check engine light will be fine. Ur exhaust will throw smoke for like 30 seconds while it does a first burn but after that it's great. You get great sound and performance and still legal
Unless you get MIL eliminators or a tune

1 - 20 of 52 Posts