Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have An O/R X pipe with high flow cats and wanna take em off. I can't just remove em and everything thing fit right can I? Will I need to weld straight pipe in where they were?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Have An O/R X pipe with high flow cats and wanna take em off. I can't just remove em and everything thing fit right can I? Will I need to weld straight pipe in where they were?
Your check engine light will come on. You'll need mil eliminators or a tuner to turn it off. Yes you can just put straight pipe in its spot.

Does your check engine light on with high flow cats? I'm thinking of running em, that's why I asked.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you need cats and or mufflers? Will there be enough back pressure or is that not an issue? Just asking cause I already eliminated my mufflers and it sounds great, but thinking about losing cats too. Not a dd for me, so too much noise is okay to me. Just dont want to potentially hurt motor.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Do you need cats and or mufflers? Will there be enough back pressure or is that not an issue? Just asking cause I already eliminated my mufflers and it sounds great, but thinking about losing cats too. Not a dd for me, so too much noise is okay to me. Just dont want to potentially hurt motor.
I'm not sure on that but it'll be loud, maybe too loud. I have no mufflers either but I got 4 cats. If I had no cats it would sound like sh**. But we do have different motors.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have pypes muffler deletes and an x pipe with high flows and it sounds awesome but my buddy has pypes muffler deletes with and h pipe and it sounds really damn good! So I wanna take mine off and be as loud as his

·
Registered
451 Posts
mustang06gt said:
That's what I keep hearing...

H-Pipe wins on deep, nice sound.
I have muffler deletes and o/r x pipe and it's real loud, to loud for me. I'm about to sell them and get some mufflers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts