Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have LM1s, love the sound, but was thinking about removing the 2 rear cats for it to be a bit louder, I'm up for inspection next month so ill obviously do it after that, I heard exhaust shops won't have a problem cutting them out because your not completely removing all the cats just removing 2..what's your guys opinions?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
my little brother had all four of his cats removed by the exhaust shop. so he basically had an off road h pipe now

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
the guy did it for him for free because my little brother let him keep his stock cats. but im pretty sure they should only charge u like 50 or so

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the back two removed before and had it inspected right after they did it. Sounded a little better.
A little? More loud at low rpm?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

the guy did it for him for free because my little brother let him keep his stock cats. but im pretty sure they should only charge u like 50 or so
Awesome gonna have it done after inspection..worried I won't pass if I remove 2

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just put my off road x pipe on with slp lm1 and woah it's loud as f*ck!!!! She cracks at 2300 then she roars, it's like music to my ears but my girlfriend hates it hahahahaha

·
Registered
319 Posts
NJstanger said:
A little? More loud at low rpm?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Awesome gonna have it done after inspection..worried I won't pass if I remove 2
Well I put some flowmaster 44s so it gave it a louder deeper tone. I loved it. It's not anything like an aftermarket mid pipe, but it gave it a better tone.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Back 2

I cut off the back 2 cats and it made it deeper and louder at all rpms, id suggest doing it, i think it sounds great

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cut off the back 2 cats and it made it deeper and louder at all rpms, id suggest doing it, i think it sounds great
Awesome, did u weld straight pipes in or just cut the cats out and done with it?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Weld some pipe in the place of the rear 2 cats. The rear 2 cats are larger than the front 2. You wont throw any engine light codes and heres how i would explain the sound. Its deeper at low rpm and idle and it starts screaming aroung 2k when your just normally driving, and when you open up the taps its a good bit louder. It doesnt compromise the loud when you want it quiet when you dont approach of the loudmouths.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts