Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about it or if it messes up the dash... I want to know if it will break it.... Trying to remove film behind needles... Thanks!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
They make a tool that looks like a fork but I have always just pulled them off. When you put them back on, just make sure not to push them in too far so that they don't bind or get caught up.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Nope, but before you pull them, make sure you remove the posts that the needles rest on. The needles wil move past the posts slightly, so when you put them back on you put them pointing in that direction instead of just resting on the post.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive taken mine off, you just have to pull them straight up and out (not from the side). My gauge kit came with two little "tools" (bent peices of metal) that you slide under each side of the needle and push them down to push up the needle and it pops off the little pin it sits on.

ONCE they are off they MUST be calibrated to go back on FYI (on 99+ you can calibrate them rather easy on your own).

Putting them back on take note of how far they sat off the face and return them to that spot.

I mark all gauges where they are when the car is fullly warm etc and fill up the car with gas all the way etc and mark that one etc. That only leaves speedo/rpm. The dash cluster can tell you those... you just have to go driving and set cruise and then slide needle on.

I recommend leaving the plastic cover off a bit just to make sure they work then put it back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts