Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)
Morning Folks!
getting ready to do some bumper modifications as part of Slimer's 2.0 upgrade for the show season...
Is there an easy way to remove the rear bumper and if so, where do I find a how to on steps or video?
I dont want to hurt it obviously, but need to get it off to dip lower rear panel, remove reflector inserts and take out the plate mount area...
Any suggestions????:confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow...no body has tried this....damn!
this really wont be any fun...sigh

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I've popped off the bumper when I changed out my rear valance. It took about 20 minutes. I've got an '11 so I don't know if there is any difference between the two?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where are the upper mounts and do I have to remove the tail lights to get to it....
I can see something way up by them (looking up from bottom).....im sure of the 4 under cneter bumper, the ones at the wheel wells...then it all gets sketchy...errrr

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah, you've gotta remove the taillights. Other then the wheel wells, everything else is snap on tabs. Check out my "Mod's" album in my profile, I've got pics of the bumper removed.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool! Thanks Primer!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Oh dear God.....that is gonna be zero fun.....sigh
Thanks Bro! At least re trimming my exhaust tips while thats off will be easy...LOL

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
cool! Thanks Primer!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Thanks Bro! At least re trimming my exhaust tips while thats off will be easy...LOL
It isn't bad at all... I think pulling the front facia off was way harder (especially without ramps)!!

A second hand helps when putting it back on just so you don't scratch your paint!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
personally thought the bumper was easy.....had to fig that one out myself when installed the cali special grilles...car was jacked up...but a lift would have been better..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
personally thought the bumper was easy.....had to fig that one out myself when installed the cali special grilles...car was jacked up...but a lift would have been better..
Yeah... I didn't jack it up either! That is why it sucked!! Barely could see the bolts using a mini socket set!!! My fat heat squeezing under there. Not fun.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was a little weekend fab project.. Nothing too fancy or complicated. I'm waiting for more savvy fabricators to make something nice...

Here was my write up
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t316357/
Thank you!!

You have sparked my imagination!!

I have the tools and know how to make something like this and it look professional!

I will try and make something in the not to distant future!

Thanks for the ideas!:]

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
cool! Thanks Primer!

No problem man. It's not hard at all, I was expecting more of a headache. But it literally took minutes. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
with that pic...looked more like hours....errr

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

thanks for the pdf crazy...I havent started yet....waiting for a bit warmer weather...trying to get the game plan together first, not good to do that 'while' you are doing it...
NHCowboy...you need to market that on ebay...you will have a strong selling item im sure :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts