Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well with unsuccessful attempts to ask over at rustangworld and getting -------------take out the windsheild or yank real hard comments......ill try here.

how do you remove the rearview mirror from the windsheild the correct, safe, human way? its not mounted the same as others i have seen which have a bolt in them.
thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow...really.........is it easy.............can you use a screwdriver? i mean leaving the button on the windsheild.and just removing the mirror itself.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Oh you wanted to leave the button !!!!! You know I have never taken my rearview off the tab on my mustang before HUMM!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
well, mine comes off really easily. just drive for a while and it moves itself loose. POS isnt glued to the button anymore.

anyway, best advice would be to use a small hammer and a screw driver. just put it b/w the button and the mirror and slowly tap. it should break the seal and then it will slide right off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems to have a cover with a very small pin at the button of it.....i shall look it up on the service cd's

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
no, mines not held in by a screw. mine slides off. just take a screw driver and gently tap it up and off of the window button

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so the screw driver goes into the hole type cover at the bottom of the mirror mount then and it taps off.....ok i thought it might have been a cam lock mounted mirror..........but i think it is a wedge mount... thanks i will try that...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so the screw driver goes into the hole type cover at the bottom of the mirror mount then and it taps off.....ok i thought it might have been a cam lock mounted mirror..........but i think it is a wedge mount... thanks i will try that...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes that was my next guess..........seeing winter is here in ny..i will have plenty of reading time..........but dint think that it would have something as simple as a rearview mirror..............guess its not too simple seeing i couldnt get it..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am strangely drawn to your avatar. Would make a nice updated mascot for Wal-Mart.
"Slashing prices, showing juggies. We want to make our customers feel welcome at Wal-Mart!"

Tin Kicker

·
Registered
48 Posts
OOOOOhhhhhhh......

By day she's a greeter, but by night, sexy sixty-five year old Mildred is a dangerous dancer at a local tavern...slip a dollar in her bikini and watch her swing...like pendulums on a clock.

"Hey, man, she's not that bad with the lights turned down!"
"Dang, dude, you thought she had four arms! Those ain't arms!"
"Man! She just got my foot with one of 'em!"
"AAAAAIIIIIIIIII! Run!!!" :shock:

Tin Kicker :headbang:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tin Kicker said:
OOOOOhhhhhhh......

By day she's a greeter, but by night, sexy sixty-five year old Mildred is a dangerous dancer at a local tavern...slip a dollar in her bikini and watch her swing...like pendulums on a clock.

"Hey, man, she's not that bad with the lights turned down!"
"Dang, dude, you thought she had four arms! Those ain't arms!"
"Man! She just got my foot with one of 'em!"
"AAAAAIIIIIIIIII! Run!!!" :shock:

Tin Kicker :headbang:
:no: After reading that, I feel I have to take a shower. :oops:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will never look at door greeters the same way again...........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just so we all know

to remove the rearview mirror you need to take the mirror face and push it down and then gently apply pressure to it in order to pop the mount loose. all it is held on with is a clip that secures it to the window wedge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts