Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend im droppin the tranny to replace the throwout bearing.... Probably whole clutch kit too since ill be in there, and rear main seal.... Long weekend ahead! But she.ll be back in tip top shape

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the ACT street clutch kit.... Don't know much about it, but its supposed to be better quality then ur average kit, have u guys heard much about it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm I was looking at summit, but went with this act, its a high performance, so hopefully Its Good quality, I did alot of reading on it. is the zoom supposed to be good?

·
Registered
164 Posts
From what Iv seen on it it's not bad. I watched a video online of an episode from two guys garage where they toured the company and showed how they make them. The company is perfection clutch. The make stock replacement clutches and zoom is the performance side of it. Plus I know they sell them at advanced, and Pepboys speed shop

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooo they sell em at pep boys? U don't gotta internet orfer it? That's convenient, I shoulda done more calling around sounds like!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Adjustable clutch cables are crap. This is a known fact. You'll be replacing it soon
It's not an adjustable cable. It comes with the firewall adjuster to adjust the cable between the trans and the quadrant that connects to the pedal. So far I love this mod! It is a little harder to push, especially in the cold, but it is well worth it! It was an easy install and I recommend it without hesitation. And again...it is a non-adjustable cable with a firewall adjuster. And the tripple-hook quadrant is so much better than the POS stock plastic quadrant.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Youngferd said:
It's not an adjustable cable. It comes with the firewall adjuster to adjust the cable between the trans and the quadrant that connects to the pedal. So far I love this mod! It is a little harder to push, especially in the cold, but it is well worth it! It was an easy install and I recommend it without hesitation. And again...it is a non-adjustable cable with a firewall adjuster. And the tripple-hook quadrant is so much better than the POS stock plastic quadrant.
Perfect mods.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Well this weekend im droppin the tranny to replace the throwout bearing.... Probably whole clutch kit too since ill be in there, and rear main seal.... Long weekend ahead! But she.ll be back in tip top shape
Good luck man!

I should have had the dealer replace my rear main too, when the dealer replaced my tranny.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea thanks I finished this morning... turned out great running perfect. One small problem, pinched the cylinder head temperature sensor wires..so tomorrow ill have to fix that, then itll be cherry! Super smooth clutch now, and no leaks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea thanks I finished this morning... turned out great running perfect. One small problem, pinched the cylinder head temperature sensor wires..so tomorrow ill have to fix that, then itll be cherry! Super smooth clutch now, and no leaks!
Glad to hear it man! Thanks for the pics too! I have been toying with the idea of doing mine as well but it is not needed yet and we are getting into the winter. I hate working on my car in the cold! How much did you spend if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was fairly cheap since I did the work my self, the clutch kit was 190$ and the rear main seal was 17$ and two cans of of break cleaner to clean every thing up for 8$ so all in all about $220.... Not bad if u ask me! Yea luckily it was a nice weekend so weather wasn't an issue here. But it was hard in the drive way on ramps.. Especially puttin the tranny back in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I would have gotten just the basic clutch kit I woulda saved 40$ but I figured better is better haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts