Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I've been a member on the forum for a few months now, I was in the market for a new mustang, and just recently bought one! Woohoo! It's a 2008 gt premium convertible. The previous owner made a few mods, all of which I like, with the exception of these vinyl C stripes. I want to remove them, but they seem to be the high quality stuff that won't just easily peel off. Anyone have any tips/strategies to get them off without damaging the paint? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I removed the vinyl on my car with a heat gun ,but dot put it to close .slow process but it works .you will need to use a clay bar to remove the glue left behind works like a charm . You won't even tell they were there

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a big bottle of Goo Gone on hand, I'm just wondering the best way to actually get the vinyl off. Obviously a razor is a no-go bc it could damage the paint...what are my other options? Just heat it up and peel it off with my fingernail?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used a old credit card to get mine off
X's 2 on this, but be careful because the credit card can and will scuff the clear coat if itis dragged over the surface in the same spot a lot. I use a heat gun and a credit card for this process...just keep the gun on low and away from the paint surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts