Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my right mirror is broken :oops: anyway i bought a new one on ebay, is it just pretty much, rip out the mirror (no screws, just pop on/pop off). just don't wanna break anything
-dave

·
Registered
574 Posts
The housing is easy to replace. In the inside of your door there is a little triangular shaped cover where the Mach 1000 tweeters are supposed to go. Pop that off. There are 3 bolts under that.. Take those out and the mirror housing will just come right off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i could take off the mirror pretty much, but its still being held on by the wire ..how long is this? do i have to take apart the door to unplug it?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Heh. Trying to remember...
I believe there is a connector for that wire under the door panel that you can unplug. The door panel is easy to remove though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you remove the doorpaneL?
mirror that i bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33649&item=2464181460
looks like it'll be deep into the door panel...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Ohh! Ohh!

Pop off the door cup panel. There wil be two screws on the panel. Take them off. Pop the door handle bezel out. It's held on with pressure. Pop out the clip on the inside of the door panel. Can't miss it. It's black. And then push up on the door panel. And unplug the harnesses. Don't forget to take off the sail panel. You, know. That black panel where the MACH 460 Tweeters go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there any how-to on taking off a door panel? i tried it and i got nowhere...where are the 2 screws? thanks
-dave

·
Registered
574 Posts
The two screws are underneath the door handle bezel. Take those out. Then on the outside of the door panel near the latch there is a clip. After that, pull up and it will come right off.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
sure first you take your arm rest panel off where your window controls are. Pop it uff with a screw driver but be careful not to break the connectors

When you have that off you take the door handle bezel off crefully. Now you should see three screws where your arm rest panel was. Take those out. Now from the bottom of the door lift up on the door and it will slide up. Then pull away from you slowly. Then reverse to put back on.

If i have confused you I am sorry I tried lol

Thats my how to

·
Registered
386 Posts
its a pain i've done this before.
Thats how i broke my door armrest thing, so i had to replace it.

How the power switches are connected to the armrest are freaking fragile!
Its like the tiniest plastic thing, and they just stnapped off the armrest when i lifted up on it to unplug, very gay. So watch out when u take if off.

·
Registered
574 Posts
:wtf:

They must have had P.O.S. handle bezels in 95 or something... I've taken both of my doors off like 6 times to fix windows and dynamat and install speakers. It's so simple. And nothing has ever come close to breaking.

·
Registered
386 Posts
they must of...

i flipped them upside down to unplug the swtiches and looked at it, and the little plastic things were broken. unless it was already broken.

i was like poop.
I handled with care man!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts