Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have read my past posts about the issues I've had with the Eibach pro street S system sense day one. Well I am on my 2nd set of coil overs and they are leaking AGAIN. I called Eibach for yet another replacement set for the front. so far this time they have made this proses nice and easy and its only costing me about 100 dollars. I cant say the same about the past times I've called. I don't see how some of you have the same Eibach's with no issues. My car drives only on local roads here in southern California, This will be the 3rd set within 10k miles, My car only has 14k miles total. Some who read this might think that my car is some beater that I abuse and I'm jumping it off curbs or what not but the truth is this car is like NEW and is a garage queen. So here I am again with issues and I'm not willing to think that maybe I got a bad set (now 2 waiting for 3rd) I will be posting some pics soon so you can see how bad the leaks are. Driver side is a little wet but the passenger side is a full blown mess that drips. Stay tuned........

·
Registered
582 Posts
3 times? I would say get your warranty replacements and sell them, get yourself some better quality suspension parts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is how bad it leaks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 year

·
Registered
476 Posts
3 times? I would say get your warranty replacements and sell them, get yourself some better quality suspension parts.
Cheap coilovers are scary. They perform markedly worse than the factory equipment (which let's face it, is pretty tough to do on the mustang, since suspension timing has never been Ford's forte), and regularly require rebuild (looking at you KW V3) or replacement.

About the only thing I have had decent luck with in that price range is the Ground Control sleeves on Koni Yellows. It will be interesting to see how customer support through Koni changes though, since Lee has moved on to greener pastures.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Some of you might have read my past posts about the issues I've had with the Eibach pro street S system sense day one. Well I am on my 2nd set of coil overs and they are leaking AGAIN. I called Eibach for yet another replacement set for the front. so far this time they have made this proses nice and easy and its only costing me about 100 dollars. I cant say the same about the past times I've called. I don't see how some of you have the same Eibach's with no issues. My car drives only on local roads here in southern California, This will be the 3rd set within 10k miles, My car only has 14k miles total. Some who read this might think that my car is some beater that I abuse and I'm jumping it off curbs or what not but the truth is this car is like NEW and is a garage queen. So here I am again with issues and I'm not willing to think that maybe I got a bad set (now 2 waiting for 3rd) I will be posting some pics soon so you can see how bad the leaks are. Driver side is a little wet but the passenger side is a full blown mess that drips. Stay tuned........
go with fatcatmotorsports. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Note to self: Avoid Eibach coil overs...

They are better known for their springs anyway.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm living proof.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So when you have a problem with your Eibach junk they send you remanufactured replacements (fine whatever no big deal). They want the leaking product back so they can "inspect it" and then tell me if its still under warranty. If it is under warranty they refund a deposit that I gave them of 100$. Here's the catch, They make me/us pay for the shipping of the bad product to go back to them for the "inspection". I can tell you right now they will say it is not covered so my money will not be returned and after I fork out the shipping for a bad product to go back to them they will fix it for about 5 dollars in seals and sale it to the next chump for another 100+ and the cycle starts over. I love paying for shipping for there core.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I must say I'm happy this time with the customer service. I was expecting the worst and they refunded all my money expect for the shipping. Let's hope this 3rd set holds up.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
How many miles are you averaging between sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the setup was installed at about 4000 miles I think and this is set #3 and the car has 14460 miles on it now. So I would say they last 3300. Or in my case every oil change lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts