Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, I love the Mach headunit, but I'm wondering if I can upgrade it to something different. I want something that'll look simply amazing, have options like the 460 does, and have blue lighting. Also, I want something that'll look almost like factory, as in, like it's supposed to go in that hole. I realize I'll need something to fill the rest of the hole, as that is a large hole there... but yeah, that's ok. Zim had sweet looking panels awhile ago I'd be interested in.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you do that you will loose all the amps i do belive.... and pretty much have to strip everything out as far as the amps go and replace em unless you want the new headunit to push the power to all of them. this is only what i have heard.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do love the sound. That isn't why I want to replace it. I want to change the look... the green lights on the inside piss me off.. I want it to glow blue. anyway I can get this?

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
take it apart and replace all the LEDs? that would be fun

·
Banned
321 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
I do love the sound. That isn't why I want to replace it. I want to change the look... the green lights on the inside piss me off.. I want it to glow blue. anyway I can get this?
You can do anything you want, your not limited to the stock radio. Like Dom said, you wont find anything out there that will take up the whole space. If the stock amps have to go, then that means you will have to rewire all the speakers. I believe... your best bet is to goto a stereo place in your area and see what they have to offer etc. You can search on Crutchfield.com and find a radio you might be interested in.

Crutchfield say: "If you replace your factory radio, you will also need to replace your factory amplifier(s) with aftermarket amplifier(s)."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts