Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at possibly replacing my quarter louvers with one of 2 different styles from AM..but gonna have to wait till they have the painted on sale...hopefully soon!
Style #1 Eleanor

Stlye #2 Classic

let me know which one gang...or just leave mine as they are....

Thank you :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looking at possibly replacing my quarter louvers with one of 2 different styles from AM..but gonna have to wait till they have the painted on sale...hopefully soon!
Style #1 Eleanor

Stlye #2 Classic

let me know which one gang...or just leave mine as they are....

Thank you :)
I personally would go with Eleanor, but I do like your current ones. Why do you want to get rid of them

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
typical itch....everyone else has these around here...sigh.
thats why Im asking....now if AM will just offer a deal like I got on the current set...that'd be nice. got these for $129 painted vs the 199.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

plus the classic would match almost the exact slots in the rear louvers..balancing out the back / top of the car :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
typical itch....everyone else has these around here...sigh.
thats why Im asking....now if AM will just offer a deal like I got on the current set...that'd be nice. got these for $129 painted vs the 199.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

plus the classic would match almost the exact slots in the rear louvers..balancing out the back / top of the car :)
Yea I did not realize that, yea it always looks the best when your parts have the same style

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUT..the Eleanor's would look good with my street scene side scoops. Hence, my quandry...sigh

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I'll guess you don't use those side glass windows for any help in side visability. I want a set, but the wife said it's hard enough to pull out of our 'hood.

I like the Eleanor out of the 3.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I like the ones you already have on Slimer

Your car looks great the way it is. The side vents are fine.
You need to talk everyone else into changing theirs:lmao:
Ronnie

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll guess you don't use those side glass windows for any help in side visability. I want a set, but the wife said it's hard enough to pull out of our 'hood.

I like the Eleanor out of the 3.
That window is not much, doesn't help me with visibility. At least on my 02 it doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL! got more visibility out of the 2000 I had than these little windows...besides, driving a fire truck...you only need the side views....rears dont work. with my louvers in back....thats how I drive it!

·
Registered
218 Posts
LOL! got more visibility out of the 2000 I had than these little windows...besides, driving a fire truck...you only need the side views....rears dont work. with my louvers in back....thats how I drive it!
Haha... Well the side views on the mustang are much smaller than on a fire truck!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like the one's you have now, then again those are the one's I have too. Only thing I would trade mine out for would be the flush mount one's from Silver Horse.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if had the cash...id get the flush mounts from SHR..Christine of the Mustang Addicts FB page removed her glass on "Sinful" and installed Saleen flush mounts. Dont know where she got them, but they look cool!

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
if had the cash...id get the flush mounts from SHR..Christine of the Mustang Addicts FB page removed her glass on "Sinful" and installed Saleen flush mounts. Dont know where she got them, but they look cool!
These?

SHR Mustang Flush-Mount Quarter Window Louvers - Unpainted (05-09) S197-300 - Free Shipping!

I heard they can be a PITA to install, as the stock quarter window glass has to be removed, and on some years, the inside plastic has to be trimmed.

But they are sharp looking.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep....but looking at the saleen version as an expensive possible option..

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I've go the second option. I have actually thought about changing to your first option. But I have rear louvers as well so I'm not sure how all of that will go together. I'd go with the second option. Are you going to paint the rear louvers?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
still kicking it around...but the GHIG is a touchy color...could come up off shaded..err

1 - 17 of 17 Posts