Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's my first post but I'm replacing my clutch on Thursday and was wondering what other parts I should consider replacing. I got a clutch kit, a fuel filter, and oil/ oil filter going in. I changed the belt, spark plugs, battery, cai, and break pads within the last year. My mustang has 140,000 on it now. anything else I should consider replacing due to its mileage and age? And any extra parts I should get for the clutch replacement? Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
go ahead and buy a new metal quadrant for the clutch cable...get rid of that cheap plastic one ford puts in them

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright ill look into that, do you have any suggestions on parts to replace do to the amount of mileage on my car

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Go ahead and do your rear main seal

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

And buy a new flywheel or if yours is in decent shape, have it resurfaced.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input, I appreciated it, I will be starting the install tomorrow and hopefully she will be running good again by the end of the day

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
If you run into problems just ask, it will be easier if you have power tools and extensions and swivel sockets

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have power tools but they weren't strong enough because I think the last guy to replace my clutch used lock tight because 3 of them were impossible to get off, but I changed out my throwout bearing which was broken, so now she runs great and no noise and pedal rattle like i was having and I will give it a try again in a few weeks when I have the new tools

1 - 8 of 8 Posts