Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
On and anybody with a 99-04 gt have any tips how to get the tops trans bolt out on the driver side dad and I are having a terrible time it's a crazy tight fit

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Nate98stang said:
On and anybody with a 99-04 gt have any tips how to get the tops trans bolt out on the driver side dad and I are having a terrible time it's a crazy tight fit
I think I had like a foot of extensions and a swivel socket. Those bolts sure made for some nice scratches on my arms.have you taken the transmission crossmember off yet?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JDF said:
I think I had like a foot of extensions and a swivel socket. Those bolts sure made for some nice scratches on my arms.have you taken the transmission crossmember off yet?
A swivel socket we havnt tried that yet thanks man, but yea the only bracket left is the one at the back of the trans

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Nate98stang said:
A swivel socket we havnt tried that yet thanks man, but yea the only bracket left is the one at the back of the trans
Ok. To give myself some room I took of that cross member and lowered the transmission a little bit with the jack.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JDF said:
Ok. To give myself some room I took of that cross member and lowered the transmission a little bit with the jack.
Gonna be dumb here and the crossmember is the black bar going across correct?, and I would think lowering the trans would put too much tension on the bolt

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you took the cross member out and put a jack or somethin under the trans it would make it alot easier to get the bolt out

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coreyw428 said:
If you took the cross member out and put a jack or somethin under the trans it would make it alot easier to get the bolt out
Well ill to take a pic in a moment because I'm not the most me mechanicly inclined person and show u where I took off and go from there lol

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here Is how she sits

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just put a jack toward the back of the trans and take the black brace that is toward the tailshaft on the trans and slowly let the trans down a few inches and that will give you a little extra room

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coreyw428 said:
Just put a jack toward the back of the trans and take the black brace that is toward the tailshaft on the trans and slowly let the trans down a few inches and that will give you a little extra room
Alright thanks, but wouldn't that put tension on the bolt and bell housing?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
+1^ as long as you don't reach the limit of how far the motor mounts can stretch you'll be good

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coreyw428 said:
A little but not that much as long as you don't let it drop 5 or 6 inches
Ok thanks

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JDF said:
+1^ as long as you don't reach the limit of how far the motor mounts can stretch you'll be good
Appreciate the tips guys that's why I love ME very helpful community :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can't he just undo the trans from the bellhousing and lower it? Afterward remove the bellhousing and reinstall on the ground?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
jhagan1980 said:
Can't he just undo the trans from the bellhousing and lower it? Afterward remove the bellhousing and reinstall on the ground?
Nope. You can do that for the T5 but not the T45

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok got all the bolts out I think (7 bolts) then the 4 at the tail what else has to be done can't get it off the engine seems solid still

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nate98stang said:
Ok got all the bolts out I think (7 bolts) then the 4 at the tail what else has to be done can't get it off the engine seems solid still
If you got every thing off the trans, driveshaft, clutch cable, and shifter pulled off and wires undone, you will have to raise it back up to almost level then start pullin and wiggling back and forth till the input shaft finally gives way and slips out

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coreyw428 said:
If you got every thing off the trans, driveshaft, clutch cable, and shifter pulled off and wires undone, you will have to raise it back up to almost level then start pullin and wiggling back and forth till the input shaft finally gives way and slips out
Driveshaft out shifter handle off but shifter base Is there, o2 sensers r unplugged, raising it back up can't get it to move at all, well we can wiggle it passenger side if the trans seems to come away from the dust cover but the driver side won't give at all

1 - 20 of 211 Posts