Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05MUSTANG4.0L said:
Why why why why, it cost only $7 to fix it......
I went to four different garages. The entire computer fried and they have to replace the entire cluster. One of the managers had the same issue with his car and they all told me to go to the dealership. Garages don't send away work to a dealership

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't mean to burst your bubble , theres another thread about this subject in here idk if u know about it.all it is is that the stepper motors from the cluster just went out and u can find them new on ebay for $7-$10 each & you can install them yourself in less than an hr

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

My car was flooding inside everytime it rained for about a year wetting all my fuse inside the car but I don't think is even possible to fry the whole computer

·
Registered
157 Posts
If it's an 05, 06 or early 07 the steppers may be getting burnt by your alternator giving out a higher than normal voltage.

I had my alternator replaced and haven't had any issues with my gauges in the last 3 months.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I spent 100 dollars and sent the cluster from my 05 to get rebuilt. Its not the computor. Its the step ups. My temp didnt work and my mph was off by alot. Its not the computer. Sorry to say you got screwed. And mine wasnt because of the altenator. I had to replace it the year before. The clusters are known to go bad.

·
Registered
729 Posts
kirpy said:
I spent 100 dollars and sent the cluster from my 05 to get rebuilt. Its not the computor. Its the step ups. My temp didnt work and my mph was off by alot. Its not the computer. Sorry to say you got screwed. And mine wasnt because of the altenator. I had to replace it the year before. The clusters are known to go bad.
Really just a $100, where?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Your local parts store. I went to auto value. Lifetime warranty. To replace it you just pull straight out on the chrome trim. Its 4the screws and a wire clip. Then reverse order.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't get it done yet and I'm in az so where would you guys suggest I go to get the supplies to do this?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ebay if you want to try it tourself. Or go to your local parts store and have then get a rebuilt and you swap it with yours. What is alot cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts