Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some moisture in one of my headlights and was going to take it out and try to reseal it today. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what they used to reseal it. Also, how'd you get the moisture out? Can you just simply wipe out the moisture and let it dry inside? Has anyone done this for a taillight? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Drill 2 holes 1/4in in each of the bottom of the housing. Then get some RTV sealant from your local auto parts store. Seal the edges real well and let it dry over night and your done.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Michael.s.king said:
I have some moisture in one of my headlights and was going to take it out and try to reseal it today. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what they used to reseal it. Also, how'd you get the moisture out? Can you just simply wipe out the moisture and let it dry inside? Has anyone done this for a taillight? Thanks in advance!
U dont have to drill just blow a hair dryer in it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet thanks guys, that rvt silicone stuff is pretty sweet. Gonna put the headlight back in tm morning, hopefully it will be alright!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I had this problem 2 weeks ago. Took toilet paper cardboard thingy and stuck around where bulb goes in and let hairdryer blow in. I didn't take headlight out. It took bout hour and a half to get all the moisture out. After u get all moisture out, go get clear silicone. If u wet your finger the silicone wont stick to your finger.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I used a blow dryer to get most of it out and the put the silicone around all the edges. I let this dry over night. This morning all the moisture was gone, but I think the blow dryer dried (instead of it naturally evaporating?) and now there are like small water marks on the inside of the headlight. It isn't a huge deal, seems like it works for now and I will prob just get a new headlight if the water comes back. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a little update, I took my headlight out and let it air out and I took a blow dryer to it. It dried with water marks but now the water marks are gone and no moisture in my headlight anymore! Used that clear silicone. Worked great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts