Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats what i would do(delete the resonators), I hear people pay between 35-100 for the labor and parts. Also, i think most have 3" pipes welded where the resonators were, i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I got 3 '' pipe welded onto the 2.75 stock
Why? A bigger section like that is going to cause turbulence and would be in theory like people who gut cats. Maybe the .25 isn't enough to effect anything. I just don't see the point

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Aren't catback systems that come with over the axle pipes kind of like a resonator delete?? Not really sure
If they include the over the axle pipes and are the full setup yes. They generally are switching the whole exhaust to 3" pipe instead of 2.75" as well.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why? A bigger section like that is going to cause turbulence and would be in theory like people who gut cats. Maybe the .25 isn't enough to effect anything. I just don't see the point

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

If they include the over the axle pipes and are the full setup yes. They generally are switching the whole exhaust to 3" pipe instead of 2.75" as well.
I believe everyone is doing a 3", its seems in videos that everyone does that, i could weld a 2.75, but i would like more info on this

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just changed over to GT500 quads from Borla Ataks. they sound great with no cats.

·
Registered
382 Posts
....why...
I did like the borlas a lot but have a new baby comin and the baby's room is next to the garage. Cold start ups with the borlas shook the house.
;-(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts