Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.0 and flowmaster outlaws axle backs. I want more sound. If i delete the resonators will i need a tune? Also what are the effects of deleting them?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have a 5.0 and flowmaster outlaws axle backs. I want more sound. If i delete the resonators will i need a tune? Also what are the effects of deleting them?
no you will not need a tune. They are going to get louder and maybe a little more drone? Not 100% on the drone as I don't have those axle backs.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I deleted mine that came with my super system and it made my exhaust pop and backfire when I downshift and change gear but no louder. I like the popping so I think it sounds good, best mod I have done yet cause it only cost me 20 bucks

·
Registered
720 Posts
Personally, I would delete the cats and tune it, I think that would give more sound, and also would sound better than a resonator delete. Just an opinion though, I don't like the sound of no resonators unless it's on an entire aftermarket system

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I would delete the cats and tune it, I think that would give more sound, and also would sound better than a resonator delete. Just an opinion though, I don't like the sound of no resonators unless it's on an entire aftermarket system
i dont wanna delete the cats because its hard to find someone to pass it for inspection. i know a guy that has for me in the past but im not liking his price to do it. a full exhaust is in the future, very far future.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
No resonators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts