Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my mustang is finally "finished" for the summer, a lot of hard work and long nights went into this car. engine has forged pistons and rods w/ARP hardware and hardened bearings running 9.5:1 compression, running a Paxton 2200SL w/3.33" pulley and a lot of other small mods. Dyno Tuned at a local shop, she made 586 whp and 452 ft-lb of torque on a Mustang Dyno. I'm hoping to do some test runs at the track tomorrow to see what she'll do. Overall i'm pretty impressed with her so far, just need some more things of course I.E. Slicks being the biggest thing right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm using 94 octane, i was going off the advice of the shop that built my engine. from what i understand when i want to up the boost i will be better off with lower compression. is that wrong?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
i'm using 94 octane, i was going off the advice of the shop that built my engine. from what i understand when i want to up the boost i will be better off with lower compression. is that wrong?
You can make 700rwhp on the stock compression 11.1 on 93 octane and still be 100% safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i won't be using e85, it's non existent where i live. i'll probably switch to race gas at some point as it is easier to acquire. i'll think about upping the compression if and when i need to. right now i'll enjoy as is and when i push a little more out of it. Thanks for letting me know about the compression though, i was going off of the advice of my engine builders after i told them what i was planning to do.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Just watch the race gas. Leaded fuels eat up O2's
I deal with it constantly.
Unless you run a unleaded race gas

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm looking at the unleaded race fuel right now. is there any real benefit to running leaded over unleaded?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
i'm looking at the unleaded race fuel right now. is there any real benefit to running leaded over unleaded?
Not necessarily. Most leaded race fuels are higher octane vs unleaded race gas.
Plus nothing beats the smell of c16

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ah i see, that makes sense. i'll probably stick with unleaded, saves me some money on 02's at least lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks sweet under that hood!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Very beastly! Are you a stick car? What are your goals? Caged the car for track work yet?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
quite a lot of damage was done to my wallet but i try not to think about that lol. it is a stick car right now, later on down the road i may switch out for a power glide but that won't be for a while. the car is not caged yet and according to the rules of the track i go to 09 and newer vehicles don't need a cage until an E/T of 9.99 which i was surprised to here. i will be getting a cage before i reach that time though.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Your track has a very lenient interpretation of the NHRA rules. The rules are for 09+ STOCK cars not, modified ones. The cage limits are unchanged for any car that is not stock, thus quicker than 11.5.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well there are plenty of people with newer cars that are running in the 10 range that shouldn't be able to stock without a cage at my track so i'm not terribly worried about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts